Pakistan in India

Let's see. I've not been impressed with him since his comeback. I've not seen the swing that he once had. His cutters and change of pace isn't good enough in Tests.

Thats because he's not got the oppurtinity to open the bowling on a regular basis...

Let's see. I've not been impressed with him since his comeback. I've not seen the swing that he once had. His cutters and change of pace isn't good enough in Tests.

Pathan still generates quite a lot of swing, although not as much as before, and he has a nagging accuracy. I've been impressed with him.

In ODIs, Zaheer's form has taken a dip (either that or hes just not picking up wickets). The only bowler I don't like from the Indian side is Harbajan...I don't know why. The guy looks SO stupid. His mannerisms remind me of a pigeon (esp how he moves his head). He always seems to get lucky when picking up wickets, too.

Last edited:

He has about 2 more Ranji Trophy games to impress the selectors. It is not long but with Ishant still raw and Munaf not performing, he does have a small chance.

What happened to VRV Singh, wasn't he meant to be fast? He got 7 wickets for Punjab as well, but very expensive at 5.

I don't remember him playing well either, but I knew he was supposed to be fast?

Sree and RP aren't gonna be playing the second game either, and Munaf seems to be losing it a little, so Pathan has to come in for me, he is far better than Ishant Sharma.

What happened to VRV Singh, wasn't he meant to be fast? He got 7 wickets for Punjab as well, but very expensive at 5.

Last time I checked VRV wasn't good enough for international cricket.

He needs good fast bowling coaching, shame that such a thing does not seem to exist in India outside the MRF Pace Foundation. He has the natural ability to bowl extremely fast but just needs some tweaking to his action.

I rate him very highly but if not coached, he will be another wasted talent.

Yes, I am a big Karthik fan, but I don't think he is good enough (yet anyway) to see the new ball off against express pace. He could have just been nervous, but he didn't look good at all against Akthar.

I don't know what India should do with him, but I'm not sure whether he can stand up to the likes of Lee and Akthar, I hope he proves me wrong though.

I would keep him in for the second game to see if he has the goods. If he fails again, I'd think about bringing in Sehwag or Gambhir or someone else.

Oh god, anyone but Gambhir, he looked even more clueless against Akthar.

Don't think Karthik is a solid enough opener, tbh. I know he's done well in the recent past, but I don't see opener material in him. Sehwag has much more potential. Sehwag and Jaffer would make a good pair.

Sreesanth ruled out of the whole series, and doubtful for the Australian tour
Source: Indiatimes

What the heck man??? Was hoping for a lot from this guy and this injury comes at a wrong wrong time. Hope we dont go back to Agarkar. I would pick Zaheer, Munaf, Irfan and RP as our fast bowlers for Australia.

Karthik's success opening all came when the conditions were suited for batting. Give me one innings of his opening when the conditions favored the bowlers or when the conditions were not ideal for batting?

Karthik's success opening all came when the conditions were suited for batting. Give me one innings of his opening when the conditions favored the bowlers or when the conditions were not ideal for batting?

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/engvind/engine/match/258468.html

I rate the guy, not the best technically but he is still learning how to open the innings, you have to remember that. Shame about Sree being injured, besides all the antics he has a lot of potential.

Sreesanth ruled out of the whole series, and doubtful for the Australian tour
Source: Indiatimes

What the heck man??? Was hoping for a lot from this guy and this injury comes at a wrong wrong time. Hope we dont go back to Agarkar. I would pick Zaheer, Munaf, Irfan and RP as our fast bowlers for Australia.
Doubtful for the australian series:eek:I dont care if he plays in this series or not but he has to recover fast for the australian series.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread