Pakistan in India

Excellent! I was saying the same thing during the last test match, and the Indian team feels the same way (about Shoaib's action). How long will the ICC keep bending that rule and hand out an unfair advantage to bowlers like Shoaib, Muralitharan, etc? If they have an unusual characteristic in their body, why dont they play games that suit their characteristic?

What you mean ban Murali for having a legal bowling action? Yeh that sounds fair, and nothing's been proven on Shoaib yet, so how can you judge?

Well, in the last series, when India were losing a test, they made an appeal against Shoaib's action when he destroyed them.

What's the pitch going to be like? Never watched a game there...

Just because they lost the first one....go Pakistan.

:boxing

India win the toss and bat first... Expected decision!

india must get a total of 500+ and shut the match out of pakistan. this could be saurav's last test at his home ground. he badly needs a 100! he hasnt set eden on fire with his batting performances.

laxman and dravid will have nostalgic memories of this ground. so will harbhajan singh!

A match at Eden Gardens, India vs Pakistan, this is ultimate stuff. Good that Akthar is still there. Younis Khan being the captain could prove good for Pakistan.

Edit: Akthar looking really bad as far as fitness is concerned. He is already down lying on the field in between deliveries and is seen coughing much. Did Pakistan select him just to feel good?

Last edited:
India wins first session expectedly. The wicket is a batting belter, but it will help spinners right from tomorrow itself, I think. The wicket is showing signs of dusting up, but its fantastic for batting now. With the form of Jaffer and Dravid, both should try to notch up centuries and take India beyond 350 themselves by the end of the day today. Session 2 is going to be even better for batting, and they should be kicking themselves if they miss out of their respective hundreds here on this wicket.

India have to score 500+ (may be close to 550). We got to score fast and give ourselves the best chance to bowl out Pakistan twice in this game.

Dravid asked to go back to the pavilion by Billy Doctrove. Seems like only the umpire can send the batsmen back to the pavilion.

It was a horrid decision coz it was very easy to see that the ball hadnt had any contact with the bat when Dravid played it. Dravid must feel robbed of a hundred.

Edit: Brilliant hundred by Jaffer! Nice to see an Indian batsman score a hundred after a long time (last hundred was by Kumble in England). Entertaining stuff!

Last edited:
550 and I think Pak might just be headed towards an innings defeat.
Also they will be bogged with their injuries too.

i think its time for Pakistan to give up on Sami in tests and give somebody younger a chance, i think at this point anyone will do really. even Rao Ifikhtar would probably do better, its almost 3 inings in a row that Sami hasnt gotter a wicket. also Tanvir dont seem like a test bowler just seems like a guy for the ODI format. i kno its a batting wicket but in the last match Sami didnt get any wickets while the Indian pacers did good.

India dominating so far here, scoring 100 runs each session and losing one wicket to the opposition and one to the umpire. Majestic batting from Jaffer. I pray that he gets wickets like this all round the world. He can be a legendary batsman then.

P.s: Sad to see Mohammed Azharrudin's plight. Sachin and Jaffer both ignored him while walking back to the pavilion for tea. Azhar made a driven lap of honour round the ground, and only a few handful of spectators seem to be waving at him.

India well, well on top. If India can bat out all the good time on this pitch, we may be looking at a big win. However, Pakistan also have some classy batsmen in their lineup who can score big runs.

Karthik's head is well on the line now, though I think he'll be safe.

India well, well on top. If India can bat out all the good time on this pitch, we may be looking at a big win. However, Pakistan also have some classy batsmen in their lineup who can score big runs.

So far, nothing on the pitch to suggest that bowlers can prise out the wickets. Batsmen have to make mistakes. If the wicket can crumble tomorrow or on day 3, India would just love it. India got to bat till the end of day 2.

well wasim looks set for a 200...i can see them getting over 500 and pakistan with their depleted line-up will struggle to put a lead on that...not lookin good at all for pakistan...

Users who are viewing this thread