Pakistan in India

Dravid asked to go back to the pavilion by Billy Doctrove. Seems like only the umpire can send the batsmen back to the pavilion.

It was a horrid decision coz it was very easy to see that the ball hadnt had any contact with the bat when Dravid played it. Dravid must feel robbed of a hundred.

Edit: Brilliant hundred by Jaffer! Nice to see an Indian batsman score a hundred after a long time (last hundred was by Kumble in England). Entertaining stuff!

1 match without a hundred is a long time? To save my mind much confusion you must be including the ODIs, right?

1 match without a hundred is a long time? To save my mind much confusion you must be including the ODIs, right?

When was the last time than an Indian batsmen scored a century? Nobody got one on the England tour, so it has been a long time coming.

Disappointing for Tendulkar that he couldn't bat out the day and ton up, but delightful for Jaffer to be 192* at stumps.

Karthik's head is well on the line now, though I think he'll be safe.

I don't think so that he will be safe when Sehwag and Gambhir are eagerly waiting to come back for Australia's test series. Especially that Sehwag's 195 in Australia last time, might get Sehwag back in place of Karthik. Its not easy to score 100s in Australia.

No doubt that Karthik is talented, but his confidence level seem to be low at the moment.

I don't think so that he will be safe when Sehwag and Gambhir are eagerly waiting to come back for Australia's test series. Especially that Sehwag's 195 in Australia last time, might get Sehwag back in place of Karthik. Its not easy to score 100s in Australia.

No doubt that Karthik is talented, but his confidence level seem to be low at the moment.

I really hope Gambhir doesn't make a break onto the Test side. He will struggle against Australia. Sehwag...well, I don't understand why he was taken off from the Test side in the first place when his ODI form was in a slump. Hopefully, the series can be wrapped up with this match (REALLY looks like it so far), leaving the third one open to experimentation.

When was the last time than an Indian batsmen scored a century? Nobody got one on the England tour, so it has been a long time coming.

Disappointing for Tendulkar that he couldn't bat out the day and ton up, but delightful for Jaffer to be 192* at stumps.

Kumble has a bat, ergo he's a batsman.

We've got a quality batting line up. Real quality. Openers are looking good, and the middle order is as solid as ever. Replace Karthik with Sehwag. With Yuvraj as a back up batsman, it's looking good.

Nah they shouldn't bring Sehwag in Karthiks place they Should Put Yuvraj in and get someone else to open with Jaffer.

I would keep the same squad for australia tour. Shewag will indeed be a big gamble coz if he fails to score a big innings the whole team will suffer. Let him perform in the Ranji Trophy first.

I would keep the same squad for australia tour. Shewag will indeed be a big gamble coz if he fails to score a big innings the whole team will suffer. Let him perform in the Ranji Trophy first.

Why not just try him in the third match against Pak? I'm sure we'll have the series wrapped at the end of this one.

Whoa! Great day for India!, We are killing Pakistan and Jaffer looking splendid, I hope he gets his double ton tomorrow, If we get to 500, that should pakistan out the game...

Guys dont get too excited.Its pakistan's weakest bowling attack.We still need a good opener to partner Jaffer.I am sure Karthik will score in the rest of the innings of this series.

Guys dont get too excited.Its pakistan's weakest bowling attack.We still need a good opener to partner Jaffer.I am sure Karthik will score in the rest of the innings of this series.

He's been going for too many ambitous drives early on in his innings, which is obviously not ideal...

Kumble has a bat, ergo he's a batsman.
Are you seriously suggesting that you didn't understand what he meant to say or are you just arguing for the sake of it?

His post genuinely confused me.

He said "Indian batsman", then he said about Kumble scoring a hundred in the match before last. Doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread