Pakistan in India

dont think karthik will be ideal for australia,maybe time for gambhir or sehwag to come back.

I would keep the same squad for australia tour. Shewag will indeed be a big gamble coz if he fails to score a big innings the whole team will suffer. Let him perform in the Ranji Trophy first.

Seeing the way Karthik is batting, even if Sehwag could get 15-20 runs, it would help the team. Sehwag has been a much changed player since he was dropped from the team. He concentrates on staying in the middle than going for leather all the time. Plus he has had success in Australia which will help his confidence. Not a bad idea to try him out.

Guys dont get too excited.Its pakistan's weakest bowling attack.We still need a good opener to partner Jaffer.I am sure Karthik will score in the rest of the innings of this series.

Quite true. Had Akthar been in the same fitness as he was in Delhi, not sure if we would have dominated the day as well as we have done yesterday.

Kumble has a bat, ergo he's a batsman.

Sorry for not being grammatically correct. When I said batsman, I was referring to a frontline batsman. Kumble has been a tail ender many a time (he has scored mostly in home conditions only)

Last edited:
Good batting again from Dada (Ganguly) and Laxman. Great innings by Jaffer which unfortunately couldnt go for long. As usual, India scoring at a very very brisk pace, thereby giving themselves a good chance of posting a huge total by the end of the day today and putting in Pakistan today to try and bowl them out twice on this wicket.

Pakistan look deflated. Younis and Yousuf are their only hope of probably saving this test (they're almost out of this game).

Ganguly is getting close there. Can he get that elusive home hundred? No trouble at all for both batsman. India slowly are building that huge total and their scoring rate is still above 4 runs per over.

I think Pakistan are out of this match (as far as winning is concerned).

Well played Saurav Ganguly :happy:clap :happy :clap. His 1st century at the Eden Gardens :) and now we can see some fireworks from him ;)

Dada Rulz :hpraise

That was like a dream come true for me - to see Dada score his first hundred at his home ground, Eden Gardens. A superb knock and a perfect way to say that "I belong here".:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Time now for Dhoni to blast Pakistan and try to inflict more psychological damage to them. India shouldnt declare now. They should declare only in the final session after amassing 600+.

Superb dominance by India. The pitch is now turning out to be India friendly. The ball that hit Laxman on his hand was a clear indicator that the likes of Kumble and Harbhajan will like bowling now on this track.

No excitement at all in this test.
It is never good to see a one-sided contest. The Pakistanis seem to have given up there. It is looking really shoddy.
You cannot enjoy this even as an Indian fan.The Delhi test was so much better.

We must declare with just 600 on the board. The 60-70 additional rus that we get do not assume great significance in context of the game as we saw at the Oval where we carried on and on in both the innings .

Last edited:
Royal Bengal Dada roars..................and scores:happy :clap
:happy :clap

Best of luck Laxman........i wanna see your 100 too

No excitement at all in this test.
It is never good to see a one-sided contest. The Pakistanis seem to have given up there. It is looking really shoddy.
You cannot enjoy this even as an Indian fan.

im enjoying this but im not an Indian fan or Pakistan fan :happy (SA)
and Laxman is moving to a hundred.

Dhoni just killing the tempo here .
He has just 9 from 42 balls on a pitch where everyone else has scored at a S.R of 75 .

im enjoying this but im not an Indian fan or Pakistan fan :happy (SA)
and Laxman is moving to a hundred.

I cannot understand how you can enjoy a one-sided contest like this as a neutral. The batting has not been extra-ordinary as well except for Jaffer`s knock.
I don`t like these games where people score 100s and 50s for fun.

Last edited:
As an indian fan, i am enjoying this run-fest coz my favorite players have batted exceedingly well together after a long time. but yeah as a cricket lover, this test match has been very boring. plus india cant be faulted for the test being one-sided in our favor. its very rare to see india dominate like this.

i wish india kill pakistan in this test match by bowling well and getting wickets too. want to see a thumping win from india!

Users who are viewing this thread