Pakistan in India

No doubt that this match will probably end in a draw.

Sami and Akthar troubled Laxman twice with their off cutters that reared off the pitch. Kaneria turned the ball almost a mile away pitching on the rough, and almost had Laxman stumped.

Kumble and Harbhajan can be expected to exploit the pitch much more than the Pakistani bowlers. We have Sachin also who can turn the ball a long way and has had success at Eden Gardens as a bowler (remember his 3 wkts that killed Australia in 2001).

I still think india can win this test match.

I desperately hope we finish the series this match though, that way, in the last game they may play someone like Badri or Tiwary.

Irrespective of we win here or not, the selectors and the board are not going to try out those new players. We dont have the courage and the bravery to do that

Last edited:
Yeah, we need Sree in there!

Oh yeah, Munaf was awful today, this guy is just weird.

I don't think he knows what consistency is....he was just bowling half-volleys all the time...:noway

Bhajji rocks! 2 early wickets (including that of Yousuf) puts Pakistan in huge trouble! Come on Bhajji! We want an Eden encore! Show Lawson that its not the pitch but Pakistan's mediocre performance that has put them in this position.

Edit: We have got the two Y's and they still trail by 482 runs. Come on India! Crush them!

Munaf is bowling superbly.

Last edited:
Disappointed to see Salman Butt fall just shy of a half century, but Harbhajan and Kumble are bowling well.

Zaheer Khan and Munaf Patel will need to peg back the run rate though, both have been quite expensive.

First session won comprehensively for india. All 7 sessions of the series comprehensively won by india so far. no let up for pakistan this match.

want to see pakistan start their second innings today itself and lose a few wkts in that too. happy with bhajji's bowling today. picked up two crucial wickets. though younis khan hit him for big runs, he helped india tremendously by those two wickets.

Last edited:
hope kumble and bhajji clean up pakistan now. we need a 400+ lead.

Misbah brings up his half century, in pretty good form.

it seems like Misbah is the only one in the Pakistan 11 that can bat, or maybe he loves these situations of being under presure and than throwing his wickets avay like he did in 20/20 and last test.

it seems like Misbah is the only one in the Pakistan 11 that can bat, or maybe he loves these situations of being under presure and than throwing his wickets avay like he did in 20/20 and last test.

He's doing far better than any of his team-mates, both now and during the final of the Twenty20 World Cup, so you should give him a bit of credit.

i thought i did when i said "it seems like misbah is he only one in the pakistan 11 that can batt".

he just always seems to screw it up in the end, 1st 20/20 against India in the 20/20 world cup he ahd a chance to win it in the last over and in the final he got out while well set as well in the last tests 1st inings.

Winters in the northern part of India and in Pakistan can be quite harsh.
Night Temperartures can fall to as low as 0 degree Celcius by December in some places and is mostly around the 7-8 degree Celcius mark for the most part of December and January.

This is the best time to play cricket in India but the problem is that the light fades by 4.30 p.m making it hard to finish the 90 overs.
We shouldn`t be alowing teams like England/NZ to tour during the Winter though, it makes it too pleasant and homely for them !
Why don't you play in Summer?

Users who are viewing this thread