Pakistan in India

It'll get up to about 30-35c which is a bit warm for Test cricket.
It'll be closer to 40 and 40+ in most places, actually.

Harbhajan has looked pretty good today. Picked up two classical off-spinner dismissals (with Butt and Yousuf) and bowled a brilliant ball (in tandem with a loss in concentration for the batsman) to get rid of Akmal.

Last edited:
You are right.We have a habit of creating heroes.:mad:Munaf is a trash bowler.Common sreesanth get fit for the next match.:mad:

Munaf is not a trash bowler, he is simply an undercoached and naive one. He is very talented and I feel that he would benefit more than anyone from a stint at a county side who has fitness trainers (don't they all?) and a good biomechanical bowling coach (not Ian Frazier;)). He has simple biomechanical errors; for example, for him, a bouncer is just a short ball whereas someone like Zaheer Khan understands that it is a short ball with extra wrist flick and follow through. He also cannot bowl it full without the pace dropping to 130kph and the ball floating out, a major problem.

Although he has all these problems, a simple fitness regime which would allow him to sprint in every ball would have him consistantly clocking over 135kph and getting the ball to naturally zip through.

Ideally, he should have attempted to get a place at a Grade cricket side in Australia (or a particularly optimistic state side) instead of an Indian side. I believe that their pitches and even coaches may be more beneficial to him than the Maharashtra ones (do they even have a bowling coach?). Unfortunately, I don't think he would go to either Australia or England and survive well due to his limited knowledge of English but either of those two will bring him forward significently. Just take a look at the recent maturity of Zaheer Khan - Worcestershire (rated as India's best pace bowler since Srinath since his comeback) and RP Singh - Leicestershire (rated as the world's best Test first change pacer by many with an increase in pace from 130kph --> 140kph, especially thanking the fitness programmes which helped his leg strength).

well what a day...india started with a flurry of wickets and it looked like an innings defeat for pakistan but than the duo of misbah and akmal came to the crease and put on a sensational partnership of over 200 runs...akmal with a really good centuary which would do wonders for his confidence and well misbah...he was due a big score...let just hope pakistan can get 150-200 more runs tomorrow with the tail helping misbah...really unfotunate for akaml to fall int 2nd last over of the day but that was a ripper of a ball by harbajan...

Well batted by Misbah and Akmal who showed real resistance there.

India still have work to do with Misbah continuing on and Mohammed Sami can stick around a while.

Yeah and with fast [ sorry ] bowlers like Munaf :mad
Why couldnt they pick Pathan instead ?
Even Agarkar would have been a wise option.

expecting this match to be a draw
and for pakistan to win the last test cos im pretty sure the flu and chest infections will have healed up by then

Why don't you play in Summer?

Its not wise playing in 50 degrees. You dont want players falling down like 9 pins. The foreign players will definately not even last 2 days.

In his every innings played, misbah is dropped by indian fielders in his innings early on. Cant they catch him once. Now the fate of this match is sealed and its a boring draw. I yawned throughout the match and even slept for 2 hours everyday after heavy breakfast.

Last edited:
Good comeback by Kamran Akmal. And Misbah..........well, he is becoming a Bradman. Scoring a 50 in almost every match. Fantastic player.absolutely fantastic. As long as Misbah is in the crease, anything can happen.

--------------------------

I will visit Eden Gardens tomorrow. My first visit to any prodessional of cricket stadium. UUUU!! I am undergoing a mixed feeling right now.

Last edited:
Good comeback by Kamran Akmal. And Misbah..........well, he is becoming a Bradman. Scoring a 50 in almost every match. Fantastic player.absolutely fantastic. As long as Misbah is in the crease, anything can happen.

--------------------------

I will visit Eden Gardens tomorrow. My first visit to any prodessional of cricket stadium. UUUU!! I am undergoing a mixed feeling right now.

Good Luck 4 your visit to Eden Garden 2morrow. Dont forget to take PSP with u cos u will need it to get through the game. It will be boring dull day 4 and same day 5.

expecting this match to be a draw
and for pakistan to win the last test cos im pretty sure the flu and chest infections will have healed up by then

Sohail Tanveer has caught the virus now. :cool:

Last edited:
even though pak put up a fight today it is unlikely they can enforce a draw.

And what will you do if India have a lead of 150, and get out on 150. And we chase 300 on day 5? :roll eyes:

good point and if Pakistan avoid the follow on and 180 behind or little less or more. India come to bat and might play aggressive and try to set pakistan 300+ and Pakistan chases it.
as India will defenately try to win as Pakistan pace attack gonna be stronger next match????

Users who are viewing this thread