Pakistan in India

Munaf was really bad again, this guy....

What a ball by Bhajji to get rid of Akmal, though. Misbah to get bowled while attempting a reverse sweep off Ganguly tomorrow. :D

Considering he has had two edges go through the slips (cut and a duck with the bat up) and one drop short of the keeper, he was quite unlucky.

Munaf to take five wickets in the match:cool:

And what will you do if India have a lead of 150, and get out on 150. And we chase 300 on day 5? :rolleyes:

At that moment of time, a Pakistan win looked as unlikely as the words that I mentioned. The situation is different now (still a Pakistan win looks almost as unlikely).

What a ball by Bhajji to get rid of Akmal, though. Misbah to get bowled while attempting a reverse sweep off Ganguly tomorrow. :D

Was surprised to hear that Akmal got out. Switched off the TV just a few minutes before close of play and after I get up (from a long sleep), I hear Akmal was out after I switched off.

Akmal's wicket has brought life back into India's plans. I still think India are well ahead in this test match, and its upto them to force a result here. The wicket is not unplayable but could help the bowlers more tomorrow and on Day 5. India need to wrap up pakistan quickly, come out blazing (probably have Dhoni up the order), set a target of 350-400 and let Pakistan bat out Day 5 to save the game. In 2001, India set Aussies a target of 384 and they bowled Australia out in just two sessions. That wicket was said to be better than this one.

Last edited:
Can't undertsand all the Munaf Patel hate. He has the potential to be India's best ever fast bowler, just needs some proper coaching.

Can't undertsand all the Munaf Patel hate. He has the potential to be India's best ever fast bowler, just needs some proper coaching.

Finally, somebody who thinks like me, he should really go to an English county this summer.

Finally, somebody who thinks like me, he should really go to an English county this summer.

Yes, may be that would help him. And he seriously needs to take some courses in mental conditioning. Being a sportsperson, you need to have a conditioned mind to excel consistently in any sport.

Isn't Munaf supposed to be going to Worcestershire next year? Or have they packed that deal in to bring in Simon Jones?

I recognise it too, I'm hating his inconsistency.

Hmmm, English county, I'd doubt it, he can't speak or understand English can he?

expecting this match to be a draw
and for pakistan to win the last test cos im pretty sure the flu and chest infections will have healed up by then

I'm thinking that Kumble will ask for the last test to be on a batting belter of a pitch so that India doesn't concede the lead after what does look like a draw. Then again Kumble is an attacking captain so he may not.

expecting this match to be a draw
and for pakistan to win the last test cos im pretty sure the flu and chest infections will have healed up by then

How can you be so sure that Pakistan will end up winning the next game ?
And did Pakistan not lose the first test when the flu had not affected anyone ?

Was surprised to hear that Akmal got out. Switched off the TV just a few minutes before close of play and after I get up (from a long sleep), I hear Akmal was out after I switched off.

Please keep your TV swithed off for rest of match :)

I'm thinking that Kumble will ask for the last test to be on a batting belter of a pitch so that India doesn't concede the lead after what does look like a draw. Then again Kumble is an attacking captain so he may not.

India tend to loose in Banglore. Wonder why schedule important last decider test there?

Best ever in your dreams.

Last edited:
Please keep your TV swithed off for rest of match :)

Didnt watch the first session at all today. Wonder why they havent lost a wicket yet?:p

I think the game has almost slipped out of india's hand. It has Mohali 2005 written all over it, with the protagonist of Mohali, Kamran Akmal doing a similar job here.

Did the Pakistani batsmen bat badly in the first session yesterday? I thought it could be a wearing wicket seeing them bat that way. but the wicket is holding up throughout. Pakistan didnt bat fast, it seems today. But they are finding it very easy to survive on this wicket.

good point and if Pakistan avoid the follow on and 180 behind or little less or more. India come to bat and might play aggressive and try to set pakistan 300+ and Pakistan chases it.
as India will defenately try to win as Pakistan pace attack gonna be stronger next match????

I think Misbah will be looking for 300.:eek:

Didnt watch the first session at all today. Wonder why they havent lost a wicket yet?:p

I think the game has almost slipped out of india's hand. It has Mohali 2005 written all over it, with the protagonist of Mohali, Kamran Akmal doing a similar job here.

Mohali had a sporting pitch but this pitch here is a bowlers graveyard. More on the lines of first 2 test matches of last series that India played in Pakistan.

Good have mercy on bowlers.:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread