Pakistan in India

Some news floating around, Kamran Akmal will take the role of captain, if Younus refuses it (and Yousuf already has).

Think its the right decision, because to be honest, there is absolutely no one else, and Kamran has been with the team since late 2004, so he is pretty experienced.

Can't imagine Misbah captaining the test team, its his only 5th test match back! So, if the decision to give the gloves and captaincy to Kamran, it may just come good, because he may feel the responsibility to keep wicket well. (Or it might just make his keeping worse)

I don't believe this. Does the PCB have no self respect? How can they make a player a captain who has refused to captain the team 2 times and this is the 3rd time. I don't believe this. Better make a dumb player a captain than making such a proud player a captain.

sachin and dhoni are dobtful starters for the 3rd test.

sachin and dhoni are dobtful starters for the 3rd test.

everyone is either out injured or not feeling weel. looks india will be finding hard to field fit 11 men in this game.

is sreesanth even going to play?, if not then india's line up is going to be really weak...

Karthik is in danger of losing his spot to Parthiv Patel if he doesnt buck up in the Bangalore test with the bat. Parthiv is in red hot form, and would be the ideal replacement for Karthik.

If I remember right, even in last Aussie series, We had Parthiv in the squad. It seems it would repeat again. I agree that Karthik's position is in danger.. almost like Cat on the wall now. ;) I really pity him because, he is well talented. Still can't forget how he played in SA in that test as a opener.

Anyways,
Fitness favours Pakistan in finale -- Tendulkar and Dhoni doubtful starters for Test

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/current/story/324190.html

This is horrible! Sachin.. :(

Karthik has had just one horrible series.
In all probability,he will keep tomorrow.
I don't think they will substitute him with Parthiv for Oz atleast.

sreesanth is out of the tests for the australian series.

Good news. Now we dont have to worry about his spells. We can keep pressure on Aussies and not give free dollies to hit.

Good news. Now we dont have to worry about his spells. We can keep pressure on Aussies and not give free dollies to hit.

Yeah and now we want see any stumps cart-wheeling down to third man except when RP Singh is bowling....;)

We dont have another good aggressive right arm fast bowler who can pick up wickets at regular intervals. Zaheer is best these days when he has an aggressive bowler at the opposite end who can attack the batsmen. Sreesanth fits that bill. In test matches, he doesnt give free dollies to hit.

If I remember right, even in last Aussie series, We had Parthiv in the squad. It seems it would repeat again. I agree that Karthik's position is in danger.. almost like Cat on the wall now. ;) I really pity him because, he is well talented. Still can't forget how he played in SA in that test as a opener.

Anyways, This is horrible! Sachin.. :(

Its better if we dont play Sachin. We have the players to replace him. Sachin can get ready for Australia. Also, it would pep up our fielding (Sachin was pretty average last game in the running and accuracy of throwing).

This would be my lineup for tomorrow

Wasim Jaffer
Dinesh Karthik
Rahul Dravid
Saurav Ganguly
VVS Laxman
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni (if they dont play him, it'll be Dinesh Karthik with Gambhir opening)
Irfan Pathan
Anil Kumble
Harbhajan Singh
VRV Singh

Better make a dumb player a captain than making such a proud player a captain.

I guess he is not happy with whats going on in Pakistan cricket and its selection policies. He might be right in his stance. Why should he be a dumb captain who just leads the side on the field? When you guys lose, the captain takes the blame. If he takes the blame, then he has to be given the team he wants. He should he take the blame when the team selected isnt his choice?

bose is too slow,ishant has the talent to develop into a good bowler.

Exactly. Enough of these military medium guys. We need strong fast bowlers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread