Pakistan in India

Great job done by India today. I didnt expect them to do so well after making so many changes to the eleven. A shame Yuvraj was out at the end - the perfect way to stick two fingers up at the selectors is to beat Lara's record! They have to stick to it tomorrow, dont assume the game is won. If India learn that skill on keeping at it, they will have what it takes to beat Australia.

Absolutely. India have had it before, doing well on the first day but completely fluffing it up subsequently to go on and lose the game (Melbourne 2004).

Can Ganguly get a double hundred tomorrow? The only feather missing from his legendary career is a double hundred (his highest score is 173 against Sri Lanka in test matches). If he can score a double century tomorrow, it would be the perfect gift for him and his fans at the ending stages of his career.

What the heck??? What was Kumble thinking????

This wicket fits the description given by Harbhajan to New Zealand wickets on which India played in 2003 "GARDEN". It has so much of grass on it. The ball is moving big (Jaffer's wicket proved that).

I am really pissed off with Kumble... This is like playing into the hands of the Pakistanis. May be the occasion of captaining on his home ground and got too much into him that he didnt know what to do

Are you still sticking this to opinion, Sai? ;)

Well, I expected India to bat first anyways right from the beginning. Jumbo knows this pitch much better than Harbhajan I believe.

Also if I remember the stats, Team batting first have won 7 times here compared to 2 wins by team batting second. If batsmen had been more cautious during that first session, we wouldn't have lost those 4 wickets. Anyways brilliant recovery from Yuvraj and Sourav. Yuvraj Singh making it more tough for selectors in Tests. :p

I will expect karthik to atleast make 50 here.And dada should go for his double.I think he hasnt hit any double hundred in intl cricket?

Anyone wants to put the stats of the last 5 tests played at bangalore?Lets see when india lost the matches here whether they were batting first?

Last edited:
well at 65-4 i was expecting pakistan to get india out below 200 but a sensational partnership of 300 shattered that exectation....i mean if pakistan was in that situation than maybe that would have been the case but indias batting,for me, is far too strong than that...if one fails another performs...

on pakistani selection...well if they had doubts over shoaibs fitness than they should have played tanvir instead but for me he shouldn't have been taken out in the first place but iqbal should have been...

pakistan really need to work hard, show determination and character to level the series which are the vital ingridients that pakistan are lacking right now...

What a fantastic innings by Yuvraj, he's turning into one of my most enjoyable cricketers to watch. A delight.

hoping pakistan can get some quick wickets tomorow and finish india off by lunch

yasir arafat has a good future in pakistani test team and will be much better than razzaq ever was in test matches

yasir arafat has a good future in pakistani test team and will be much better than razzaq ever was in test matches

I can see him being equally ineffective with the old ball despite his smashing FC strike rate.

Are you still sticking this to opinion, Sai? ;)

Well, I expected India to bat first anyways right from the beginning. Jumbo knows this pitch much better than Harbhajan I believe.

Of course, they proved me wrong. Or may be I was wrong because I didnt know much about the pitch. But this pitch was a new fresh one, so Kumble might not known much about how this one would play. The ground is not going to play much of a factor in the history of teams winning batting first or bowling first.

The grass on this pitch has "come off", so it should be excellent for batting.

Hopefully, we can end this innings quickly, try to keep it under 420, and then get those runs, and a lead. The one thing in our favor is India has got those runs quickly, which gives us more time to get our runs, but we will also have to bat at around 4 an over.

I can see him being equally ineffective with the old ball despite his smashing FC strike rate.
probably,
but unlike every other pakistani cricketer yasir arafat has earned his call up in the english county scene and not the pakistani domestic setup of having high ranking friends to get you a cap

hes probably the only cricketer in the past 5 years barring asif to actually deserve a call up

but unlike every other pakistani cricketer yasir arafat has earned his call up in the english county scene and not the pakistani domestic setup of having high ranking friends to get you a cap

It really is a testament to the effect of a good domestic system. England and Australia clearly have the best and it is no surprise that some of the best talent comes from there: Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Yasir Arafar not to mention the whole Australian team are just a few.

Really interesting to just read on Cricinfo that Yuvraj said that if India get bowled out for 400 or less, the game is still on, TBH, I can't really see Pakistan winning the game from there...

However, even with India in such a strong position, Yuvraj said the "game was still on" if Pakistan restricted them to 400. The responsibility of leading India towards 500 lies with Ganguly. His significant contribution was overshadowed by Yuvraj but his role on Sunday will be vital.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/current/story/324446.html

Users who are viewing this thread