Pakistan in India

yes you are right last test pitch was too dead,but this pitch also not favouring bowlers,because pitch made by captain instruction this means india want to draw because already won one match and this things not helping them in Australia.

r u related to anil kumble?? or some one close to him?? how can you say with such confidence that it was the captain's instructions?

Ganguly batted brilliantly to score his maiden test double century. Pathan made a terrific comeback with the bat. If India picks up early wickets tomorrow then tehy have a chance to win this match and winning the series 2-0 :)

From what I saw of India's bowling, Pathan seems to be the Test bowler that he was when he was at his best, wheras Ishant Sharma is just as raw as he was when he played against Bangladesh - what is being done to solve this, is he expected to sort his bowling himself?!

India need to run an off season (or all year) bowling facility for people like Ishant Sharma (possibly the NCA or make MRF full time) so that he can get the advice he so sorely needs to help 'cook' his rather raw bowling. For one, he still has not corrected the back foot which is pointing sideways despite being a clearly front on bowler. This causes the inconsistency of line as he rotates the foot and consequently, the upper body. I think the main aim of such a facility though should be to get run ups sorted, VRV Singh and Ishant Sharma are two of the best fast bowlers in Indian domestic cricket but they both end with poor figures (and consequent poor averages for their talent in FC cricket) because they tend to bowl about 15 no balls per innings.

well again an average day for pakistan...not too good with bowling and losing one wicket in batting as well...what can i say really apart from congrats to india for winning the series...

there is seriously no hope of us leveling the series now...looks like a draw to me...

why are pakistan risking shoaib when everyone knows he isnt fit enough to last a whole test??

Maybe they think that without him they have zero chance of bowling India out but with him - even at less than 100% - there is the possibility of victory?

From what I saw of India's bowling, Pathan seems to be the Test bowler that he was when he was at his best, wheras Ishant Sharma is just as raw as he was when he played against Bangladesh - what is being done to solve this, is he expected to sort his bowling himself?!

India need to run an off season (or all year) bowling facility for people like Ishant Sharma (possibly the NCA or make MRF full time) so that he can get the advice he so sorely needs to help 'cook' his rather raw bowling. For one, he still has not corrected the back foot which is pointing sideways despite being a clearly front on bowler. This causes the inconsistency of line as he rotates the foot and consequently, the upper body. I think the main aim of such a facility though should be to get run ups sorted, VRV Singh and Ishant Sharma are two of the best fast bowlers in Indian domestic cricket but they both end with poor figures (and consequent poor averages for their talent in FC cricket) because they tend to bowl about 15 no balls per innings.

One thing that worries me though is that his swing went after 2 overs, is it just these conditions or has he just natrually lost his swing? Please say its the conditions....

One thing that worries me though is that his swing went after 2 overs, is it just these conditions or has he just natrually lost his swing? Please say its the conditions....

This will only become clear after a few more games.

The MRF camp should work all year, because it really has saved Pathan's career by tweaking his action to give him the 15kph of pace which he lost (15kph is quite a lot). He bowled at 130-135kph today and he could not have dreamed of doing that early in 2007.

This will only become clear after a few more games.

The MRF camp should work all year, because it really has saved Pathan's career by tweaking his action to give him the 15kph of pace which he lost (15kph is quite a lot). He bowled at 130-135kph today and he could not have dreamed of doing that early in 2007.

Yeah he also touched 140KPH a couple of times (thats 87MPH approximately) :)

BTW, Ishant Sharma has to improve, although he bowled a couple of good ones to Yasir Hameed, he needed to bowl closer to the stumps...

Notice how 3 left armers made centuries. I think the Pakistani attack had a problem with the left armers (Yasir Arafat particularly bowled a lot better to right handers than left handers.)

Notice how 3 left armers made centuries. I think the Pakistani attack had a problem with the left armers (Yasir Arafat particularly bowled a lot better to right handers than left handers.)

Now I bet you Salman Butt will make a century....

I feel Kumble and Harbhajan can do some damage if the pitch continues to deteriorate. Pakistan will need to fight to save the game but they have Younis, Misbah and Akmal who are in form so they can save this game and its still a good pitch at the moment but the spinners could be a test for them later on.

Users who are viewing this thread