Pakistan in India

To be fair, Asian sides aren't supposed to be the best fielding units. If we had a few more of the older generation in our ODI side, we'd probably make a few more fielding errors (read Ganguly dropping Yousuf.)

To be fair, Asian sides aren't supposed to be the best fielding units. If we had a few more of the older generation in our ODI side, we'd probably make a few more fielding errors (read Ganguly dropping Yousuf.)

Ganguly has never been particularly concerned about how well he can field. He's a player who has relied on his class-status and natural talent to get by.

Something for both Pakistanm and Vengsarkar to fear about.
Dravid will in all probabilty be coming back to Team India.
He scored a smashing 214 today !

I really hope he comes back! I have him in my top 5 batsmen in my fantasy side for this series b/c I thought the reserve players actually worked.

He wont make a big contribution in Fc and in the ODIs too.
He would be deadly during the Tests.And his slump means that he is ready for a big one.
Beware Pakistan and Australia.

Our batting let us down today. Not good enough from Younis really. Wasted so much. Yousuf atleast recovered at the end.

I think we need Malik coming in at #3 now so our team should look like this for the next game (no changes except the order)

Salman Butt - Yeah, he's good enough.
Shahid Afridi - I just have this gut feeling about the way he played today, that he's different and he needs to capitalize on the top of the innings.
Shoaib Malik - Captain. He has a good record against India when he comes in at this spot.
Mohammad Yousuf - Needs to play run a ball innings which he's capable of.
Younis Khan - He needs to bat quicker at this spot or hold the innings together if there is a failure at the top.
Misbah Ul-Haq - He's a good batsman and can also hit the ball a long way.
Kamran Akmal - Sigh.
Abdur Rehman/Sohail Tanvir - He's a good left arm spinner. Variation is the key in India. Or the Left arm pacer can give us a bit more variation and the angle could be confusing.
Shoaib Akthar - Pace.
Rao Ifthikar - He's been great against SA, and he needs to be given one more chance.
Umar Gul - Pace.

Younis Khan at 3 > Shoaib Malik at 5 or 4

I agree with this team because I had nearly the same team in my Mind.

Indian spin bowling Bowling is classic. Malik Needs to learn when to bowl Shoaib and when not to. Kamran Akmal to open?? for f&k sake.

I really hope he comes back! I have him in my top 5 batsmen in my fantasy side for this series b/c I thought the reserve players actually worked.

2004/05... we were loosing 2-0.. and we won last 4 games.. but ofcorse we have to make History again rather then becoming History.

Thats good.But who will be dropped?Sehwag?

Sehwag should be in Indian team... in my opinion.. it will be great for Pakistan if he did'nt play.

Until and Unless the player makes no big "errors" in his fielding... like dropping catches. Then I have no problems.

However, there is so much politics and stuff going on, that it's hard to agree or disagree. Like for example, Inzamam wasn?t a really good Fielder as we know, but we couldn?t drop him for his fielding because if he did then people of Pakistan would come on streets because he has won us many games. But when he starts loose games people make ?bad? comments, and pick on things like their fielding. I?ve seen Inzy go through that stuff many times in his career. Another thing i've seen personally seen is Pakistan Cricket Board doesn?t really give young players any chance in the National team compare to India, Australia, England etc..

Last edited:
And guess what shoaib malik was criticising the outfield for their bad fielding in a post match interview.:p

lol sohaib malik will even blame the side screen ..

nothing wrong with that, :mad:.

You would only know if you were a International Cricket Captain, and ofcorse new to your job.

No.. What did you learn from the stats which I have showed you?

Well I'd agree in the favour of you but for only ODI and T20 games..

Test Matches
Younis Khan : Mohammad Yousuf
3 : 4

Users who are viewing this thread