West Indian Tour of India, 2013: Sachin's 200th Test Appearance

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
MS Dhoni: "sunglasses helps alot..Myself Never cried but today I did..Cudnt imagine cricket witout him..wat a pleasure to be present at dis moment..moment cherished for all my life # SachinRT...

"Kohli : Dat feeling wen I saw him cry, most painful..never saw whole team cry for something..dat was our emotion..

# Sachin paaji..I am speechless..Thank You..memories wil stay forever..

Yuvraj : Master Sachin Sir...
That could b d most emotinal speech of all time..players crowd and each person present at dat moment didnt have a dry eyes..neither did i.. it was painfull and proud moment..Love u and miss u.

Dravid : I controlled alot but thetime he took my name along with
sourav , I cudnt help my tears coming out...Gentlemen departs with bigheart..

:mad

playkid12

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I found this article really well written. The title is just to grab attention. Read the content alone.

BBC News - Sachin Tendulkar: The world's 29th best batsman?

Yes, a "well-written" article that ignores Tendulkar's ODI performances in order to make it's point, and uses sensationalism in it's title. :facepalm

I think there are a lot of people in the world that want attention, while not wanting to give attention. Monumental occasions allow these to spew vitriol to grab attention to prove to the world how unique and intelligent they really are.

There's a time and place for this writing. If he truly wants to appeal to logic and not emotion, and if that's his only goal by writing this article, it should be done a month or so after Sachin Tendulkar's retirement, when emotions are back down, and people are able to look at his achievements objectively. However, that's not why he's written it. It would be far less lucrative to write about this matter then, since Tendulkar wont be a hot topic in a month.

Not to mention that he wrote the article with a clear intention in mind - to offend the masses to gain attention, since he ignored ODI achievements and used that title. In short, I'm calling him the equivalent of Ann Coulter.

Last edited:

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Shame nobody in India cared when the likes of lara, ponting, gilchrist, warne, McGrath, murali and other great players retired. I will agree he was a great player and it was sad to see him go, but he wasn't the best there ever was.
I bet most Indians thought those last two overs he bowled were fantastic too? Dhoni replaced him as soon as he could!
He should have retired as soon as he got the 100th hundred. It was painful to watch him in some innings in the last 2 years. Notice the only time he got ANY kind of a score was against average bowling attacks. And he needed a home series hand picked for him to reach 200 tests. I'm sure ponting could have got closer to 200 if he would have had series created just to get test caps added to his career figures.

playkid12

Club Captain
Shame nobody in India cared when the likes of lara, ponting, gilchrist, warne, McGrath, murali and other great players retired.
They definitely cared. They just didn't care as much as Tendulkar. Tendulkar is Indian, considered a national treasure, what do you expect? Indians will celebrate an Indian hero. They respect the other greats, but they're not going to give them retirements. That's the job of their countries and fans. They didn't play for India. Why is this even a criticism?

I bet most Indians thought those last two overs he bowled were fantastic too? Dhoni replaced him as soon as he could!

Building up a strawman fallacy and then attacking it to the ground - great point! :lol

He should have retired as soon as he got the 100th hundred. It was painful to watch him in some innings in the last 2 years. Notice the only time he got ANY kind of a score was against average bowling attacks.

He couldn't retire then. Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, etc. hadn't blossomed yet. He did retire early from ODIs since age matters for ODIs. Age doesn't matter for tests since there's no test world cup that the young need to be prepared for. The only thing that matters is performance. Also, I won't disagree that he was below average these last two years, but Sehwag, Gambhir, Jadeja, Rohit Sharma, etc. weren't performing. Sehwag and Gambhir were dropped. Rohit Sharma and Jadeja finally blossomed. He retired soon after they blossomed. He timed it really well.

Also, when he did score (which was rare in these two years), he scored against good opposition. He got 81 against Aussie and 76 against England. I wouldn't consider either of those teams particularly weak. He also got nail bitingly close to his 100th 100 against good opposition.

And he needed a home series hand picked for him to reach 200 tests. I'm sure ponting could have got closer to 200 if he would have had series created just to get test caps added to his career figures.

This is conjecture. You can also say that Ponting's captaincy would've been a complete failure if he wasn't handed a team of superstars. But neither of those things happened, so it's meaningless to discuss it.

Last edited:

Atharv

Club Cricketer
ICC are confused all the front line off-spinners in the world bowl suspect to be frank when the bowl the doosra. Shillingford, Narine, Ashwin, Harbhajan, Ajmal (the worst), Hafeez, Sohag Gazi.

The only ones that are safe since they don't bowl the doosra are Swann, Lyon & Tredwell.

Ever since the ICC changed the rules in the late 90s to allow Murali to bowl without harassment, this issue with off-spinners and the doosra will never go away.

I have not seen Narine and Gazi . So cannot comment about these guys . But other's barring Ashwin have suspect action. There is no confusion . What is amusing is , how these guys come up through the ranks ? Nobody reports them ?

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Shame nobody in India cared when the likes of lara, ponting, gilchrist, warne, McGrath, murali and other great players retired. I will agree he was a great player and it was sad to see him go, but he wasn't the best there ever was.
I bet most Indians thought those last two overs he bowled were fantastic too?

yeah, it would have been much better had they all weighed in with snide little comments about how fanatical and deluded the fans of those players were.:rolleyes

anyway, bradman's death prompted a day national mourning in india, it's hardly like they don't care.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
so it's meaningless to discuss it.

And yet here you are replying!

Listen, nobody is saying he wasn't great. And I most certainly never said he shouldn't have had a send off. But I don't remember dravid getting such an event. Anyway it's obvious you arnt willing to except other peoples opinions so it's pointless continuing this discussion with you.

Atharv

Club Cricketer
He should have retired as soon as he got the 100th hundred. It was painful to watch him in some innings in the last 2 years. Notice the only time he got ANY kind of a score was against average bowling attacks. And he needed a home series hand picked for him to reach 200 tests. I'm sure ponting could have got closer to 200 if he would have had series created just to get test caps added to his career figures.

Dude, He has retired , he is gone . He did what he had to do . He has moved on . I guess, you should too . His unchallenged greatness is assured for a long time to come.

Last edited:

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
yeah, it would have been much better had they all weighed in with snide little comments about how fanatical and deluded the fans of those players were.:rolleyes

Why does this site have to be so sarcastic? You can't voice an opinion anymore without being flamed if nobody else agrees. That's why they are called OPINIONS. No need to be sarcastic with your replies.

AMB

Banned
SRT retired.
ODI's
Indian squad
Rohit Sharma
Shikhar Dhawan
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
Suresh Raina
Ambati Rayudu
MS Dhoni
Ravi Ashwin
B Kumar
Mohammed Shami
Jaydev Unadkat
Ravindra Jadeja
Mohit Sharma
RV Kumar
Amit Mishra
D Kulkarni.(Withrawn player)

playkid12

Club Captain
And yet here you are replying!
I was dismissing it in my reply. There's a difference between a reply that acknowledges and a reply that dismisses.

Listen, nobody is saying he wasn't great. And I most certainly never said he shouldn't have had a send off.
I never claimed that you said that he wasn't great. I have no idea where these two sentences are coming from.

But I don't remember dravid getting such an event.
Dravid announced his retirement after he played his last test match. He didn't announce it before. He also continued to play in the IPL. Also, Dravid's real last match was in the champions trophy final - again, not in India.

That being said, I really wish that Dravid got a proper goodbye. He was as big of an asset to Indian cricket as Tendulkar.

Anyway it's obvious you arnt willing to except other peoples opinions so it's pointless continuing this discussion with you.
Projection, much?

Users who are viewing this thread