Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jeez, Rahane wants to finish this before 11!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Wanted Pujara or Rahul to hit the winning runs. Pujara gone, hope Rahul gets it. He thoroughly deserves it. He has been a solid player this series. There won't be any doubt over any of the openers place for some time now.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
And yes! The celebration begins, same reaction from me like KL did!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Australia last 3 Series in Asia

AUS vs Pak (2014) 0-2 (Disaster)
AUS vs Sri Lanka (2016) 0-3 (No Comments)
AUS vs India (2017) 1-2 (1 Draw) (Brilliant Performance !! even though we lost)

Next Stop Bangladesh !! Hopefully we will win against them unlike the POMS :D

S

Satan666

Congrats to India winning the series, good job with the mind games and a greater job with the off field attacks, most of all marvellous job on pitch manipulation for the first three test matches.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
The first four eras of AUS cricket history :

1. The Golden Age
2. The Bradman era
3. The Border Years
4. The Marsh experiment

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
That's how we roll. Great victory for the boys even without our captain. India have won this series without having any significant contributions from two of their biggest match winners in Kohli and Ashwin and that for me has been the highlight of this series. All the other players standing up when those two failed has been amazing to watch. Amazing end to a great home series.

S

Satan666

That's how we roll. Great victory for the boys even without our captain. India have won this series without having any significant contributions from two of their biggest match winners in Kohli and Ashwin and that for me has been the highlight of this series. All the other players standing up when those two failed has been amazing to watch. Amazing end to a great home series.

Cant wait to see yall grovel when Team India get knocknout the Champs trophy come June!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
What a wonderful series this was! With all the 4-0 predictions doing rounds before the 1st match, Australia replied with a great performance in Pune. Suddenly it was feared India might lose it badly. Then to come back in Bengaluru and make it even was brilliant to watch as an Indian. Australia batted out of their skin on day 5 in Ranchi to draw it and make the final match a decider which was again a cracker. Credits to Rahane who really led the side well in the absence of Kohli. Credits to Australians for making this series one of the best tbh. The way they played, there was determination there. They wanted to beat India in India. There were so many emotions on display. Steven Smith is one hell of a batsman, I simply admire him for his batting and to score runs everywhere is just pure class. That hundred in the 2nd innings in Pune on a rank turner was absolute gem. Being an Indian fan, I was really afraid after what transpired in Pune.

But what a fitting end to a very long season of Test cricket for India. It has been amazing to follow this team and watch them win. It was never dependant on an individual as everyone stood up some time or the other throughout the season. Pujara had a dream season one could ever wish. He is a run machine! People who whine about his slow batting don't know how Test matches are won. I remember there were talks about aggression and stuff before the season started or midway but how it backfired! What saved us the grace most times? It was good old fashioned Test batting by the likes of Pujara and Saha.

I am also really happy for Jadeja's batting. In recent years he would come out and play a no shot and get out. But this season, especially in this series he has given India those crucial runs whenever needed. How huge was that 32 runs lead in this match? Absolute gold!

Well played both the teams, loved this series. It was a great one.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Good job boys. It's sweet to win this series after all the controversies.

Rahul and Umesh were mindblowing this series. If they emulate this overseas, it will be a great sight to watch. Umesh should train more hard now. he has got the momentum. He should soak in applause but train much harder. If he bowls like this in Indian pitches, I am pumped up to see how he bowls in Eng / SA.

And of course Sir Jaddu and Pujara were great like always. jadeja's batting is a big positive.

And Australia did a fine job here. Their preparation helped them and almost beat us. Though I have completely lost respect to smith as a person, but as a batsmen he was brilliant and no one can question his batting skills.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Australia last 3 Series in Asia

AUS vs Pak (2014) 0-2 (Disaster)
AUS vs Sri Lanka (2016) 0-3 (No Comments)
AUS vs India (2017) 1-2 (1 Draw) (Brilliant Performance !! even though we lost)

Next Stop Bangladesh !! Hopefully we will win against them unlike the POMS :D

On paper, it looks as if Australia struggled but in reality, it's different. Only Pakistan were able to dominate Australia. Against Sri Lanka, Australia were comfortably the better team but lost because of individual mistakes. Against India, the team fought well and gave a very good account of itself. As long as the Marsh brothers stay away from the team and Smith stays in form, the team should be able to do well in the future.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Cant wait to see yall grovel when Team India get knocknout the Champs trophy come June!

Live in the present, man. Test cricket was supposed to be the prime till yesterday. India have beaten Australia fair and square in this series and no matter how much you hate that, you cannot change it. Have an awesome week. Hope the burns heal.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
'At times I have been in my own bubble and have let my emotions slip. I apologise for that' - Steven Smith

Well said. Leaving the series, he has been fantastic, lead from front by scoring runs, under a lot of pressure from day 1 to not loose to actually winning. Well played Australia, good series this. Good series win for India and a good learning curve. Cant wait for the overseas segment now.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Why am I seeing 'Lost respect for Smith as a man' posts here? What did he do to 'lose respect'? He made a mistake, no doubt, but are you seriously suggesting that screaming on the pitch as 'passion' and making faces on the pitch is fine but an honest mistake for which an apology was made is not? There was sledging from both sides throughout the series and it was one of the reasons why it was so good. Yet, only one player gets all the stick.

Users who are viewing this thread