Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

laxman has been in good test form,so he ll continue in the middle order and rightly so.

I think form is irrelevant in Laxman`s case and in case of Dravid and Sourav now because they have not been playing cricket constantly nowadays due to not being in the ODI squad.
As India tend to play far less test cricket than ODIs, these guys have to get their rhythm going every time they play a new series.

Jaffer's gotta go, I must agree. Give Gambhir a chance.

Had it been a lesser series I would have given Rohit Sharma a chance instead of Laxman, but this is a test series vs. Australia, so experience is needed.

Yeah, totally agree with you on the first part. GG is in the form of his life, and the 'chemistry' between him and Sehwag just lifts both these batsman's abilities to high levels.

You cannot drop Laxman though. He's in great form, his hundred against Australia at Sydney (109?) was just spectacular. Plus, this is a series against Australia, and you know how much Laxman likes them.

Replacing Laxman with Rohit Sharma is stupid IMO. Rohit isn't test material yet, and even his form on flat tracks against crappy bowling attacks in ODI's has been questionable lately. If anyone replaces anybody in the middle order, the first pick would have to be Badrinath.

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

And we own you as a team.

Happy days.

And I own you.

The flame war has begun! :D

And we own you as a team.

Happy days.

Joke of the century!!!!:mad::D

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Except saisrini, except saisrini.

Yes of course!!! Apart from his immaturish behavior at times, I like his aggression and his passion for the game. He has changed alot and I am sure the ban will change him even more.. But if funny species irritate him, he will give them back the same way he did.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

I think form is irrelevant in Laxman`s case and in case of Dravid and Sourav now because they have not been playing cricket constantly nowadays due to not being in the ODI squad.
As India tend to play far less test cricket than ODIs, these guys have to get their rhythm going every time they play a new series.

I am waiting for the day Dravid comes back with a big bang. I still have hope on that. He is too good a player, and cant be like this for long. (I MEAN IN TEST CRICKET, I dont expect him back in ODI's)

I am waiting for the day Dravid comes back with a big bang. I still have hope on that. He is too good a player, and cant be like this for long. (I MEAN IN TEST CRICKET, I dont expect him back in ODI's)

Dont hold your breath on it.

Matt, remember the avatar challenge thread. You bet that Dravid wouldn't get a century in the series and almost ate your own words, but he got out for 93 (?) :p.

Dravid will be back with a bang.

Matt, remember the avatar challenge thread. You bet that Dravid wouldn't get a century in the series and almost ate your own words, but he got out for 93 (?) :p.

Dravid will be back with a bang.

Yes I remember that... I was always confident he wouldn't get those 7 runs :) :p

You didn't see Dravid bat in the IPL. He was truly majestic.

Dravid will hit a hundred in this series, mark my words.

I've already had another avvy bet with someone that he wont get a hundred this test series, and I'm willing to take you on too if you want because I genuienly believe he wont be able to get a hundred... although it would help us if we had a decent spinner to take there :p

And I own you.

The flame war has begun! :D

Oh my, I?m going to let you off this time with that comment, Cricketman. Only because I?m such a nice guy and all, but next time I?m going to have to make you look foolish-er (as per usual)
biggrin.gif

By the way, you?re going to have to put that ?Ponting_14 vs. Indian posters? flame war special on hold I?m afraid. I won?t be on the board that much after Australia's tour ends tonight. But I?ll be back when Bangladesh tour us though. But don?t miss me too much fellas.
wink.gif

Yes I remember that... I was always confident he wouldn't get those 7 runs :) :p

I've already had another avvy bet with someone that he wont get a hundred this test series, and I'm willing to take you on too if you want because I genuienly believe he wont be able to get a hundred... although it would help us if we had a decent spinner to take there :p

Lets go.

I'll put up an avvy of Ponting or someone, and you can put up an avvie of the Indian you hate the most :p

How can you hate Dravid? :p

This is better - loser has to have the other's country is better then theirs. So when you lose, you have to have a "India is better then Australia" avatar of some sort. So get it ready before hand :p

Wow, Feelin_Blue?, what're you going to do - you'll have to put up an avy of Dravid for me, and then an avy of another Indian batsman from someone else? :P

I'll just put up an Indian flag saying "India > Australia" if he manages to get the hundred.

If he doesnt you and cricketman can have a avvy of the aussie flag syaing Australia > India.

I reckon that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread