Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Kumble being captan will have a huge impact on the pitches.He did lash out in Australia last time round over other things. This time,the BCCI will play safe.
Expect a turning wicket in Nagpur,as the next BCCI President will be from the same area-Shashank Manohar.

Lol. Kumble doesn't turn it anyway. Chawla and Harbhajan do though...

Karthik should open. But Gambhir's form may keep him out. Personally I'd give Gambhir a couple of chances and if he fails I'd slot Karthik back in. Dhoni has to stay in the side because of his leadership. Kumble's bound to get injured at some point or another along with Tendulkar and a couple of our fast bowlers. :p

Karthik should open. But Gambhir's form may keep him out. Personally I'd give Gambhir a couple of chances and if he fails I'd slot Karthik back in. Dhoni has to stay in the side because of his leadership. Kumble's bound to get injured at some point or another along with Tendulkar and a couple of our fast bowlers. :p

Quite the optimist aren't you :p?

Karthik should open. But Gambhir's form may keep him out. Personally I'd give Gambhir a couple of chances and if he fails I'd slot Karthik back in.

Gambhir's form ?

Well,I think Gambhir will open alongside Virender Sehwag.It is time Jaffer is kicked out.

Gambhir's form may keep KKD out.....

But he failed rest of the tournament :(! He's good but so unpredictable. I think it's still best to open with him and Gambhir and Tendulkar coming in at No.3

What about bowling? Who would be our best pacers here? Ishant? Who else? Will Zaheer Khan have recovered by then?

I dont know if Sehwag is your best option. How has his recent form been?

If he gets going,we get a good start.Thats all what matters.

What about bowling? Who would be our best pacers here? Ishant? Who else? Will Zaheer Khan have recovered by then?

Ishant,Praveen might get a look in.Zaheer should be fit by then,but he will have to struggle for his place as the bowlers are really doing well now.

Harbhajan will definately play-Man of the Series,I suppose.

But he failed rest of the tournament :(! He's good but so unpredictable. I think it's still best to open with him and Gambhir and Tendulkar coming in at No.3

dravid will be number 3 and i hope he is back to his best soon.

I dont know if Sehwag is your best option. How has his recent form been?
Sehwag should be one of the first batsmen on the list playing in the subcontinent, regardless of his form. He is not really a form player, anyhow. He scores huge scores and in between gets starts and throws it away.

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Tendulkar should come in at 4. He has categorically stated in the past that he does not like coming in at 3 or opening in Test matches. And that's how it should be. Dravid should be at 3, provided he is not injured. In fact, this should be one of Dravid's last straws, to see if he still has what it takes to play Test matches wearing an India cap.

Users who are viewing this thread