Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Anil Kumble, the India captain, has hit out at the media's "uncharitable" comments on his fitness, calls for retirement, and his performance as a player and captain following India's hard-fought draw in the first Test against Australia in Bangalore.
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/374005.html

Lets see what happens,if at all is still feels that he is unfit,Dhoni might get a chance,Dhoni is quite lucky for India.Also Mohali's pitch normally suits seamers/faster bowlers,its not usual Indian pitch,where it will help only spinners.

Zaheer has obviously deleated the memories from his mind from the ODI series last year and the World Cup in 2003, where he was absolutely spanked around the field by Matthew Hayden.

Only the umpires can save Khan from the big bussling batsman from Queensland.

but nobody can save hayden from the end:cryingnot even ben:help

Cricket_god added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Anil Kumble, the India captain, has hit out at the media's "uncharitable" comments on his fitness, calls for retirement, and his performance as a player and captain following India's hard-fought draw in the first Test against Australia in Bangalore.
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/374005.html

Lets see what happens,if at all is still feels that he is unfit,Dhoni might get a chance,Dhoni is quite lucky for India.Also Mohali's pitch normally suits seamers/faster bowlers,its not usual Indian pitch,where it will help only spinners.

i saw on tv the pitch is dry and will crumble on day 2 also as it has bounce it going to be good for the spinners.

Plz no, not Siddle :upray
You don't know much about Aussie domestic cricket, eh?

If India produce a pitch similar to 1st Test again in this series then just watch Siddle single-handedly destroy the Indian batting lineup.

He took a 9 wicket haul (would've easily got a 10fer if NSW didn't declare) in the Pura Cup final against a NSW side that would give any International side in the world a run for their money.

I wouldn't be surprised if Siddle ended up having more International success then Sharma.

If India produce a pitch similar to 1st Test again in this series then just watch Siddle single-handedly destroy the Indian batting lineup.

He took a 9 wicket haul (would've easily got a 10fer if NSW didn't declare) in the Pura Cup final against a NSW side that would give any International side in the world a run for their money.

I wouldn't be surprised if Siddle ended up having more International success then Sharma.
Big call. How old is Siddle?

Hes 23, if his body holds up he could do anything. If he gets picked I'm happy to go with it although still reckon Bollinger deserves a go. Just feel Siddle isn't ready for a debut just yet especially in India.

Just so people know what you're talking about, the NSW side featured:
Phil Jaques
Simon Katich
Michael Clarke
Brad Haddin
Brett Lee
Stuart Clark
Stuart MacGill
Nathan Bracken
Beau Casson

With Dominic Thornely and centurion Phil Hughes rounding out the side. That's two players without a test match to their name out of 11, and one of those has played county cricket in England as well.

Plz no, not Siddle :upray

If you'd seen Domestic Cricket, you'd want Siddle in your team. Hit the deck, gives 100% bowler which would be perfect in Indian conditions.

Dominated in the Pura Cup final on a pitch that is similar to the pitches in India.

Gilly Fan added 3 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Bring the Baldy boy now or Tait ;)

You don't know what you're talking about. You should know the players in our squad. And Tait is not ready to play international cricket yet. He's just working is way back from depression.

I've never seen Bollinger actually but Siddle is good. I saw his debut and i was like "**** this guy needs to fast track to the international arena or at least county". Don't know about being better than Sharma or even as consistent as clark but he'll rival B Lee with pace sooner or later.

Hes 23, if his body holds up he could do anything. If he gets picked I'm happy to go with it although still reckon Bollinger deserves a go. Just feel Siddle isn't ready for a debut just yet especially in India.

You need someone who do the job Clark does and if Siddle is a seam bowler rather than a swing bowler like Bollinger, he should get given a go. I would like to see him bowl since there is a talk about him in Domestic Cricket.

Last edited:
Dayum I didnt know about his 9-fer was against those players? If so then he will indeed rip through our Flab four and cement his place in the Aussie side :p

Media back home may have dubbed Sourav Ganguly a 'serial offender' but Australian speedster Brett Lee insists his teammates have no issues with the abrasive left-hander and said they have not lost their respect for Anil Kumble either despite the India captain's mundane show in the Bangalore Test.
http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3598988.cms

Anil Kumble should attack more in second test,Aus will come harder this time,as the pitch might suit them.Normally mohali pitch is quite greener than other Indian pitches.

Users who are viewing this thread