Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

lol at Kumble. :p

First he selects himself when he is not 100% fit and then expects praises from media and fans.

Apparently the Mohali Pitch 'carries through better' than other Indian Ptiches, If so that would also ehplp the Spin Depsartment as there will be more bounce and zip in the wickets, If Bhajji bowls like he did in Bangalore, I reckon he will be even moer successful. I expect a somewhat low scoring match, and definetley a result...

Mohali curator Daljit Singh has asked us not to expect the usual "Mohali hard and bouncy" wicket this time because they havent had the time to prepare such a wicket due to the occasional heavy rains that have hit Mohali recently. he says the bounce will still be good though not the usual type. He also said that the wicket has nothing in it for the fingers spinners, but will have something for the wrist spinners as they will get some bounce.

I guess India should go in with Munaf Patel for either Harbhajan or Kumble (if Kumble is fit, he will play 100%). I doubt if they would drop any of the batsman the whole series.

I dont expect a dry crumbling wicket at Mohali. Daljit Singh is quite known for his sporty wickets, and he will atleast ensure a decent hard wicket at Mohali. it wont be a spinner's paradise.

We can't drop Bhajji. He's been out best spinner so far, I thoguht he bowled terrificly in Bangalore only to be short on wickets. Who cares if it has something in it for wrist spinners because TBH I haven't seen Kumble genuinely spinning the ball for yonks :p Just droppig Bhajji would be crazy, especially in front of his state crowd, Punjab will go crazy :p

We can't drop Bhajji. He's been out best spinner so far, I thoguht he bowled terrificly in Bangalore only to be short on wickets. Who cares if it has something in it for wrist spinners because TBH I haven't seen Kumble genuinely spinning the ball for yonks :p Just droppig Bhajji would be crazy, especially in front of his state crowd, Punjab will go crazy :p

They are crazy from birth :p

Seriously though. That would be like dropping Sreesanth in Kerala or Ganguly in Kolkota.

Speaking of crazy. Do any of the Aussies think that Australia will go Krazy in the second test? :p

Yeah, definately we will be killers from 2nd test onwards and will continue our journey through ASHES 09 :D

Seriously though. That would be like dropping Sreesanth in Kerala or Ganguly in Kolkota.

That doesnt matter man. We need the best players. The only instance where you need to think of is when dropping Ganguly in Kolkatta. Other instances, its not even 10% of what the crowd will do when Ganguly is dropped at Kolkatta (they care abt only one person, not the nation).

But Harbhajan's batting has been excellent against Australia in the last few matches (in fact he has 3 consecutive test where he scored 50's against them now). Right now, this is a team that cant be dislodged. The recent I hear is that the opening order might be tinkered with to include Munaf Patel (Dravid might open in place of Gambhir). PLZ DONT DO IT!

They won't reshape the entire team for Munaf. That I can guarantee. Zaheer and Ishant are doing wonders by themselves.

Just read an interview with Ponting today, he spent a long time talking about the poor form of Kumble and how he is unsettling the balance of the Indian team.

Then later he goes on to speak about Zaheer's comments about Australia's defensive tactics, and how Zaheer should worry about his own performance...maybe Ponting should shut up about Kumble lest he be called a hypocrite.

There are too many interviews in cricket, they are just sportsmen, they use their bodies for a living more than their brains so it is asking too much for them to make intelligent comments all the time, especially when they don't have anything important to talk about.

"I plan to target the golf course on my day off and develop a winning culture by landing the ball in the right areas."

"He's just happened to have a good game as well, which is pretty unusual for him."

I don't think Ponting's ever seen Zaheer play before.

"He's just happened to have a good game as well, which is pretty unusual for him."

I don't think Ponting's ever seen Zaheer play before.

The verbal volleys continue... Round 1 victory for Zaheer (the fact that Ponting says that Zaheer having a good game is unusual tells the fact that he is trying to irritate Zaheer back on his own but doesnt use a valid fact to back up his ploy as opposed to Zaheer who did tell the truth about the defensiveness).

Users who are viewing this thread