Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Just read an interview with Ponting today, he spent a long time talking about the poor form of Kumble and how he is unsettling the balance of the Indian team.

Then later he goes on to speak about Zaheer's comments about Australia's defensive tactics, and how Zaheer should worry about his own performance...maybe Ponting should shut up about Kumble lest he be called a hypocrite.

If I were Ponting, I would shut up because I (Ponting) am not a saint. What you give is what you get back. Ponting and his ancestors have all tried all these things and even more to unsettle the opposition. And now Ponting asking Zaheer to worry about his own performance is laughable. Its "give and take" policy mate. Well, if you think only Australia should resort to such tactics, you will receive more of this in the coming future.

Mohali curator Daljit Singh has asked us not to expect the usual "Mohali hard and bouncy" wicket this time because they havent had the time to prepare such a wicket due to the occasional heavy rains that have hit Mohali recently. he says the bounce will still be good though not the usual type. He also said that the wicket has nothing in it for the fingers spinners, but will have something for the wrist spinners as they will get some bounce.

I guess India should go in with Munaf Patel for either Harbhajan or Kumble (if Kumble is fit, he will play 100%). I doubt if they would drop any of the batsman the whole series.

I dont expect a dry crumbling wicket at Mohali. Daljit Singh is quite known for his sporty wickets, and he will atleast ensure a decent hard wicket at Mohali. it wont be a spinner's paradise.
It's funny he says it might have something in it for leg spin, because it's not like the pitch will see any traditional booming loopy leg breaks. However, sometimes it's hard to say what a good pitch is exactly good for. Once a dangerous quality is found in the pitch, it's up to the individual how they utilise it. A seaming pitch is often good for spin, but 3 fast bowlers will usually take wickets faster than the one spinner.

Would like Dougie but oh well can't wait to see Siddle get a crack at Test cricket. Ideally wouldn't mind throwing in 2 debuts with an attack of Lee, Siddle, Johnson and Bollinger remembering we have now lost Warne, McGrath and Clark.

Be ready Mohali you are gonna visit Sachin hitting a ton and getting a milestone tomorrow :happy

I m very excited to see sachin on TV tomorrow

The Indian pitches should really suit Siddle. He did so well in the Sheffield Final (9 wickets) on a pitch that is as close to an Indian pitch as you're going to get. His 'hit the wicket hard' approach should be really good for us.

Be ready Mohali you are gonna visit Sachin hitting a ton and getting a milestone tomorrow :happy

I m very excited to see sachin on TV tomorrow

HAHAHA .............. Sachin will not get a single ton in this series

Whatever will see but It's dam sure he will cross over Lara's record in Aussie Series (Tomorrow)
the best part i love is That Sachin will cross it in His home Country :hpraise

Eager to celebrate Sachin breaking Lara's record,hopefully it will be done in 1st inngs,and India will celebrate!!!

Good luck Sachin.

Eager to celebrate Sachin breaking Lara's record,hopefully it will be done in 1st inngs,and India will celebrate!!!

Good luck Sachin.

I really wouldnt give a damn to whether or not he breaks the record.
I'd be more happy celebrating if India won the Test and the series,instead of celebrating someone breaking records.

icyman added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Good on him. I would like to see dougie but siddle deserves to be in.

Dougie could give us more trouble than Siddle.
India have struggled in the past versus Johnson and Bracken...

Who said Sachin wont score a ton? In his 49, he clearly suggested that he was back to form. The way he started off in very positive fashion, suggests that he is due for a very big one in the upcoming tests. I wont rule out a very big one from him in the coming tests. And especially since its Australia as opposition.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

I'd be more happy celebrating if India won the Test and the series,instead of celebrating someone breaking records.

I too dont care much about those 15 runs. I want India to win the test and would be happy if Sachin could contribute to it (scoring well in the first innings is also a contribution)

icyman added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Offcourse, i actually wanted to say that Sachin should score hundred,so the record will boe broken in a dashing way,that will automatically build big total on scoreboard.

"He's just happened to have a good game as well, which is pretty unusual for him."

I don't think Ponting's ever seen Zaheer play before.
Ponting might have some issues with his memory.ZAheer got 8 wickets in the only test he played in Australia and was clearly the best bowler on view at Bangalore.
He also got a 5er against the Aussies at Brisbane in 2003.Not to forget the fact that he was the second highest wicket-taker last year in tests and was instrumental in India`s success in England.

I don`t know what he is referring to when he says `Its pretty unusual for him to have a good game`.Maybe he was referring to Zak having a good game with the bat.
The good reply to that jibe by Ponting would be easy !
`It is unusual for Ricky to have a good game in India as well` !! hahaha !

Users who are viewing this thread