Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

yeah but he still hasn't done anything in his career compared to Punter. Punter got what 10000 odd test runs ,10000+ ODI runs, 35 test tons , 25 ODI tons , fair few test wins , oh and a small matter of 3 world cup wins.

What has Zaheer done in his career ? couple of hundred test wickets max ? maybe not even that. I am pretty sure he would be averaging over 30. He played well in this test , good on him for that. But hes carrying on like hes the greatest player to ever play the game just because hes made some runs and got some wickets:rolleyes:

Zaheer , just worry about your own game and leave the talking to the big boys.

:D

Wow, so you bring in the comparison with Ponting to make your argument sound factual? Did Ponting actually compare Zaheer with himself when he said that he had an unusually good game? Zaheer never said he was the greatest player. There is no rule in this world that only the greatest players should talk. If I have a mike in front of me and I know that the whole world is listening to me, I will tell that "Aussies are scared of losing" and you have no friggin' right to ask me not to tell it.

I am happy that Zaheer talked this much. He has irritated you guys, and I am very happy about it. Big boys? Anyone who plays international cricket for so long and has troubled the best is a BIG BOY! So stop your nonsense and get on with the game.

Wow, so you bring in the comparison with Ponting to make your argument sound factual? Did Ponting actually compare Zaheer with himself when he said that he had an unusually good game? Zaheer never said he was the greatest player. There is no rule in this world that only the greatest players should talk. If I have a mike in front of me and I know that the whole world is listening to me, I will tell that "Aussies are scared of losing" and you have no friggin' right to ask me not to tell it.

I am happy that Zaheer talked this much. He has irritated you guys, and I am very happy about it. Big boys? Anyone who plays international cricket for so long and has troubled the best is a BIG BOY! So stop your nonsense and get on with the game.

I didn't say that only greatest player could talk , but if these comments came from someone like Sachin I reckon it wouldve had more meaning. I mean its like bowlers staring down the batsmen. When guys like Donald , Lee , Steyn , Walsh or Ambrose do it its pretty intimidating. But when someone like Watson or Sreesanth do it.... now thats just plain silly.

We can't really blame Zaheer though, hes just a BIG BOY trying to make a name for himself. Poor guy is probably sick and tired of FAB5 getting all the attention so hes trying to get bit of limelight for himself.

PS - end of the day its all fun and games

India won the toss and batting first. Mishra in for Kumble , Siddle in for Clark. From what I hear the pitch is flat , so we better get some wickets early or we will be chasing leather for the next two days and chasing 500+.

Cmon Siddle!!!

Lee was wayward early but geez that last ball was a peach unlucky not to get a wicket. Wonder if we will open with Johnson or Sidde.

A very good pitch with good pace and bounce, but very good for batting. Guys like Sehwag, Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman all should really like this pitch. I am hoping to see them play with more confidence. We can already see India scoring at over 5 runs an over with almost 6 overs gone now.

Surprised to see Mishra making his debut. But it now seems like not a bad decision. The wicket doesnt have too much movement for the fast bowlers. with it being a belter, having a bowler with less pace makes sense. HAPPY TO SEE DHONI CAPTAIN!! COME ON YAAR!

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Hmm is this a batting track only? If so then no result?

Will help spinners in the end even though it wont be like a minefield. I still think it will assist the fast bowlers in the mornings, and if they really bend their backs.

Indian fans - DONT MISS THIS MOMENT OF FUN! Gambhir and Sehwag really enjoying it and giving it to us too

Just got back from class. I'm going to dig in and hope that Sehwag and Gambhir make merry.

Early evidence suggests that claims of domination by Siddle were quite unintelligently placed.

Just got back from class. I'm going to dig in and hope that Sehwag and Gambhir make merry.

Early evidence suggests that claims of domination by Siddle were quite unintelligently placed.

You get back from class at 11pm or so in the night?

Siddle looks good with good pace. But he is new and the wicket's perfect for batting

If there's a result coming out of this pitch, it's not going to be apparent for at least a day and a half.

Our lack of quality spin is being well and truely exposed today. I wonder what Bollinger could have done with the new ball.

aussie1st added 2 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Geez that was lucky to get Sehwag down the leg side. Oh well we're take it, just what we needed.

If there's a result coming out of this pitch, it's not going to be apparent for at least a day and a half.
My guess is it's going to crumble pretty badly around day 3 or 4, making it perfect for us, at the moment.

Gah. Sehwag dismissing himself off a pathetic delivery. I was hoping he'd stay out there until the "spinners" came on.

My guess is it's going to crumble pretty badly around day 3 or 4, making it perfect for us, at the moment.

Gah. Sehwag dismissing himself off a pathetic delivery. I was hoping he'd stay out there until the "spinners" came on.

I guess Gavaskar just jinxed him by talking about all those triple hundreds....:p

Gave his wicket away cheaply. but thats Sehwag! Hope Dravid feeds off the confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread