Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

It will get really interesting now, with Sehwag gone. He is the only guy who could tear into Australia after settling down. Gambhir can play quick, but he is not as authoritative as Sehwag.

The runs are coming in pretty easily. Both these guys have to take India into lunch. Please no more wickets!

Tricky from Johnson.He always plays with lots of luck.
Anyway Gambhir is looking like rock solid.Not a bad Pitch as far as India have won the toss.If you hit the pitch hard then this track has lot for you.

lol..Shut up Gavaskar..Now He is praising Gambhir so watch out.:p

Geez that was lucky to get Sehwag down the leg side. Oh well we're take it, just what we needed.
With some players you'd be lucky to get that, but Sehwag is peculiar to say the least. He plays his shots, but that means he'll take the bait high over leg stump just as much as wide of off. I'm sure the fact they had a leg slip early on was no coincidence.

Comprehensively won session for India with 104/1 from 25 overs. Very good fifty from Gambhir and Dravid looks confident and happy in there with him too.

With batting expected to get easier and easier as the day passes by, I would be greatly disappointed if India dont end up the day at close to 350 runs (or even more). Sachin HAS TO pass Lara's record here in the 1st innings or it will be stupid. India cant settle for anything less than 500 (even more if they play well) and we got to score the runs quickly and give ourselves enough time to put pressure on Australia and see how the wicket behaves later.

A good first session for India... they had a good opening stand of 70 runs and now they would look to consolidate on the start after lunch. A very good innings from Gambhir.

Indian is on a high.:happy

australia will be loosing this game.:happy

Yea, Session won for us. We just need to carry on the way we are, Not trying anything too fancy...:p Well played Gambhir.

astrology: punter will comment gambhir that his knock is preety unusual.

haha we got smashed. Good batting from India this , they really are in a good position at lunch. Bit disappointed with the way we bowled with the new ball , far too many '4' balls. But now Sheewag is gone , hopefully we can claw our way back in to the game. Couple of early wickets after lunch and its game on. If not......it will be a long 5 days.

What a start for Siddle , hitting Gambhir in the head. Not a bad way to start a career for a young fast bowler. Few wickets wouldn't be too bad either....

One more thing , Lee needs to lift big time. Its not fair to have a go at him this early because he has been wonderful for us in the last 12 months , but geez he is bowling well below his standards.

That's interesting both Watson and Siddle have the same action. There might be hope for Watson after all. He should get Siddle to teach him the trade.

Just thought I would point out something. It is twice in a row in their first innings that India have lost their first wicket when the score is on 70.

In terms of figures Siddle and Watson have bowled the best. Haven't watched and awful lot of the game so I can't comment on that to much but Lee's figures aren't that pretty.

Sehwag's fall and the ball getting old seems to have slowed down the run rate quite a bit now. I hope they dont get into a shell and give up their wickets on this belter of a pitch thats expected to be this way for atleast 2 days (or even more).

Just thought I would point out something. It is twice in a row in their first innings that India have lost their first wicket when the score is on 70.

In terms of figures Siddle and Watson have bowled the best. Haven't watched and awful lot of the game so I can't comment on that to much but Lee's figures aren't that pretty.

Lee bowled crap, a few good balls the rest wayward ala Johnson. Agree Siddle has been good and Watson solid. If only the selectors listened to me and went with Bollinger over White. This is a road we don't need 8 batters, but we sure as hell need 5 bowlers.

4 boundaries in 9 balls for Rahul Dravid! Maybe this is a pitch that will bring him back to his best! All 4 boundaries on the leg side were a delight to watch! Fabulous day for an Indian fan!:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread