Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

another boring draw will be the result.

Aus will bat slowly tomorrow an end up about 100 runs behind.
India then get off to a slow an shaky start bat for a whole day an end up with a lead of 400+ Aus manage to survive day 5 an get the draw.

Ishant Sharma took once again Ricky Ponting;India in a good postion,they should try to wind up as early as possible,Amit Mishra bowled well in his 1st test innings.

Mishra was just too good poor Clarke cant survive and shakes head and get out off the field :p

Hussey 's wicket early morning and end of Aussies innings till lunch or hour later will hep India Stand up a good chase for them and then the rest Zak & ishi knew well ;)

Well done by the Indians today... everything went to plan. To force a result in our favour, we need to get Hussey out early tomorrow morning. If he digs in, and the rest of the batsmen back him up, Australia will get close to our total and become competitive in the match. So we cannot ease off the pressure, as we have done so often in the past.

I think in the 2nd innings of Bangalore, He tried to be a bit too ambitious too early in his innings considering the situation Australia were in (Lost a couple of quick wickets)...He played an expansixe and ambitious drive only to be fooled by a slower ball from Ishant and was caught at cover...

India have done brilliantly well. Pile up a big score, and have the opposition at 4 wickets down for only 102, is just what the doctor ordered.

I am mighty impressed with Mishra. He turns it quite a lot than Anil Kumble, has a very good googly and has quite a few variations. Since he flights the ball more, he will be more of a wicket taker than a container which is good for us. I would also give Piyush chances so that we have a good backup of spinners which is excellent.

India should look to get a lead of 200 or more. That will just set the game up so nicely. On the other hand if Hussey and co get Australia to a deficit of 100 runs or less, we will have a game on and maybe even hand over the advantage to Australia because the 3rd and 4th innings will be mighty tough on this pitch. Australia would have analysed what the Indian bowlers did with the ball, and how they extracted movement and will follow suit.

Well the selectors did want a leg spinner, but he got injured.

They should have at least brought a decent backup. Krejza hasn't shown anything yet Casson who was the pick of the spinners after McGain was left out. As I said before the series Cullen should have been here if they wanted a off spinner at least hes got some experience in the international arena.

This is what the selectors played for when picking White so if he fails then we have just seen the whole point of picking him flung out the window.

I hope Australia have to follow-on today. Preferable Mishra or Ishant (players with real talent) absolutely rip up Australia's batting lineup (sans Hussey) in the first session of play today and we get bowled out for something under 200 (preferably 171). India then enforce the follow-on with Hayden then getting lbw to Khan again and Katich making a fatal error of judgement to see the openers removed cheaply. Ponting then comes in and looks nervous against the spinners early on as the wickets of Hussey and Clarke continue to fall around him. Watson then joins Ponting at the crease with the latter then going on to make 281 before being caught off the bowling of Ishant Sharma and the former making 180 before being runout. Australia eventually go on the make 657 and the rest is history...

I hope Australia have to follow-on today. Preferable Mishra or Ishant (players with real talent) absolutely rip up Australia's batting lineup (sans Hussey) in the first session of play today and we get bowled out for something under 200 (preferably 171). India then enforce the follow-on with Hayden then getting lbw to Khan again and Katich making a fatal error of judgement to see the openers removed cheaply. Ponting then comes in and looks nervous against the spinners early on as the wickets of Hussey and Clarke continue to fall around him. Watson then joins Ponting at the crease with the latter then going on to make 281 before being caught off the bowling of Ishant Sharma and the former making 180 before being runout. Australia eventually go on the make 657 and the rest is history...

Interesting. The Indian players would almost die if this happens....:D

I think we need them about 7 down by 200 at least to still be completely in control. Do you think Dhoni will enforce the follow-on if it were offered?

Damn, Need to get to sleep! Only 5 hours till the start of play and its almost 12:00 Midnight here in the UK!

Wow we got owned yesterday. Hayden, Katich and Ponting all gone, and there could have been more I dont know I didn't watch the end lol.

I was a little confused on why you wanted us to fall cheaply but then I realised why :).

Wow we got owned yesterday. Hayden, Katich and Ponting all gone, and there could have been more I dont know I didn't watch the end lol.

Clarke is gone as well, last over of the day he was dissmissed.

Users who are viewing this thread