Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

India should try to finish it off as early as possible,the pitch will assist spinners,so Amit Mishra will be effective today (3rd day),and also in 4th inngs,he turns the ball,gives flight,not like kumble,he has more variety,rather he is a spinner,apart from that,Aus will be in some pressure to avoid follow-on,which they havent got for years.

Should've brought Cullen over. I can faintly remember seeing his name in the best bowling figures on FoxSports News in the first Sheffield Shield match of the season.

As good as Siddle is they should've put in Doug Bollinger or Nathan Bracken. Or if they want a swing bowler Ben Hilfenhouse. Why Bracken keeps getting ignored is beyond me. Not that i'm complaining:p

Lee is out of the game is he? Or was he just unable to bowl in the first innings. He split a webbing in his hand.

Well the selectors clearly want the seam bowlers rather than swing so Bracken was ruled out. His lack of pace doesn't help his cause and with Bollinger already in the squad there was no need for him. Hilfy had an average season so he wasn't considered.

Definitely agree that Bollinger should have been given a go, just watching Khan swing it and then reverse swing it got me thinking of the what if. Plus Bollinger can get good bounce from his height ala Sharma. Oh what could have been.

^^
Actually I think Siddle did allright. I mean he got 3 wickets in his first test match, bowling on a flat track. I am more worried about Lee . Clark will come in for Siddle next match but if Lee is struggling to get wickets we won't win a test match.

Anyway thank god we have Hussey in our team. Hopefully he can get us out of trouble again. Watson, Haddin, White can all bat so I think we can still make a decent score.

Agree nothing wrong with his debut he worked hard, I still reckon the 4 pace attack would have been the way to go.
But if Lee got injured or dropped I would bring in Bollinger. We have 2 seamers already in Johnson and Clark, we would have learnt nothing from the Ashes 05 defeat if we don't bring in a swing bowler.

Cancel out the 1st inns and his figures read 3-60 much better to the eye :)
We can only wonder what he could have done in the tour match that Krejza got smacked and then what that would have meant for our spin stock.

Sharma has him in knots, that's the 2nd time he's edged him, only for it to fall short/go in between the fielders.

Edit: Gone next ball. We're stuffed unless Haddin can step up to the plate. He'll have to do what Gilchrist has done many time before and get us out of this massive hole we're in.

There goes our first inns the Hus gone :( Sharma deserved that wicket hes been at Hussey for quite awhile now and the ball before the edge went through the slip.

Over to White and Haddin to show they deserve their spot in our side.

Users who are viewing this thread