Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Pressure will certainly be building on Haddin now. Still we don't have anyone knocking on his door yet so hes probably got the summer before the selectors even consider dropping him.

I am seeing that Lee had a higher batting average in Test matches then Watson before the start of this match. Then again Watson only played 5 Test matches.

Pressure will certainly be building on Haddin now. Still we don't have anyone knocking on his door yet so hes probably got the summer before the selectors even consider dropping him.

Ronchi is a good alternative. ;)

I dont care if Haddin is doing bad we dont have a replacement and if anyway says Ronchi they are kidding themselves.

Watson has a FC average of 50 he can certainly handle the bat.
Spinner spinner spinner, oh how I miss the days of watching our spinner ripping those brilliant leg breaks.

We are carrying too many players atm, Hayden, Clarke, Haddin and Lee. Just can't win a test match when you have to carry that many players.

aussie1st added 9 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Lets add White to that list of players we are carrying. Why is he in our side again?

:happy
What a morning. Lets wrap up early so that I can go and watch Sehwag in action at stadium.

Pitch is so slow. It will be difficult to get Watson out now.

the number of aussies posting or watching this thread has reduced now due to some powerful dominance shown by india at this situation.common bhajji clean up the tail!

An i remember indian fans not happy mishra was picked.

This guy looks good seam in perfect position nearly every ball, lands it in great areas, gets drift, an turns it.

White was supposedly in the team coz he can bat an bowl pffft he rarely bowls in Vic state team an doesnt bat that well for them either.
Only place he does ok as a batsmen is in County cricket.

I would say dont go for the follow on. Not because India are afraid of Australia coming back, but because the wicket is not of the crumbling type and easy runs are still on offer.

If (and only IF) India get Australia out cheaply, India should go in and bat very positively and get an almost unachievable target for Australia and then fully attack. But we got to get this pair. I have a feeling that this pair (Lee-Watson) might frustrate us if they are allowed to be in there

the number of aussies posting or watching this thread has reduced now due to some powerful dominance shown by india at this situation.common bhajji clean up the tail!

Maybe some of them are busy? Know you, maybe they have a life? It is the weekend you know.

An i remember indian fans not happy mishra was picked.

This guy looks good seam in perfect position nearly every ball, lands it in great areas, gets drift, an turns it.

White was supposedly in the team coz he can bat an bowl pffft he rarely bowls in Vic state team an doesnt bat that well for them either.
Only place he does ok as a batsmen is in County cricket.

The pre-match predictions were different, and so we were worried if Mishra might fail. but the wicket has turned out to be different, and immediately after seeing the wicket in the first few overs, I told that the decision to pick Mishra was not bad at all. Mohali is generally a fast bowler's wicket, but this time its helping spinners more than expected.

Edit: Session 1 again to India! Great test for us so far. We have won 5 sessions out of 7 so far. Keep it up boys!

Users who are viewing this thread