Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Well +ve for Misra is that Kumble wont be playing next year. But you cant gaurantee that.

also i feel kumble will be much more happier than anybody else watching Mishra bowling like this. he can now believe that future will be in good hands for his position. I won't say he should retire but make way for these guys like ganguly did. that won't make him a less of a player what he is, but will be even more respected.

I guess they will drop VVS Laxman to accomodate Mishra if they go in with 5 bowlers.

Or I guess Mishra might have to wait two more tests coz I am expecting Kumble to make the big announcement after this test series. I have a feeling that he is holding up more than usual because there has been no one to really challenge him. Now Mishra will definitely challenge him for his spot. So I am expecting Kumble to make an announcement. Plus he has also given a slight hint that he would not like to make the announcement before the series to give any distraction.

Lets see...

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Great bowling from Indians , almost a bowling masterclass on how to bowl on these conditions. Its hard to see us even saving the game from here but test cricket is a funny game. Maybe Hussey and punter can do what VVS and Dravid did in 2001. :cool: India completely on top here.....but I wouldn't write off the Aussies just yet.

Symonds should be on the next plane to India :help

I wouldnt write them off too. More so because India are not really known to be good finishers. They let the opposition off the hook when they have a big stranghold.

And I am saying this even before India have let the grip too and not coming up with lame excuses (that 'someone' whom I am targetting this msg with, can understand what I am referring to).

I wouldn't write us off either. We've been in this position many of times before and always fight back. We may not have McGrath, Gilchrist or Warne but we still have Hayden, Ponting & Lee.

aussie_ben91 added 10 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I love how I've captured the hatred of every single Indian supporter on this forum.

If Australia lose this series then I'm going to cop it but if India lose then all of them are going to cop it big time! :D

C'mon Australia!!!

We're letting the game drift a bit here. I'd try out Zaheer or Ishant at one end to see if the ball is reversing at all.

Bhajji is bowling crap. Get Sachin on and see Watson playing wreckless shot.

Funny that as it feels like the Ashes all over again. Our bowlers are made to work hard with the pitch looking as flat as a pancake then their bowlers come in and its a fizzing pancake.
I don't think it really has been all fizz, though. Although Lee seemed to find none of it, when the swing did show up for Zaheer, it wasn't vicious. For the most part, India have stuck to their lines better; in general they have stuck to the basics and done a good job of it. I don't think it's been a case of overwhelming spin; Harbhajan didn't look too good in his first couple of stints, but once the other bowlers had successfully applied the pressure with 3 wickets, he was in his element. Mishra has deceived with his variations, but any Aussie would know better than to have discounted classic leg spin on a batsman's pitch.

@angryangry:Yeah,the Aussies should know better then anyone,They were the team with Warne after all.

I don't think it really has been all fizz, though. Although Lee seemed to find none of it, when the swing did show up for Zaheer, it wasn't vicious. For the most part, India have stuck to their lines better; in general they have stuck to the basics and done a good job of it. I don't think it's been a case of overwhelming spin; Harbhajan didn't look too good in his first couple of stints, but once the other bowlers had successfully applied the pressure with 3 wickets, he was in his element. Mishra has deceived with his variations, but any Aussie would know better than to have discounted classic leg spin on a batsman's pitch.

Well in that way it also brings memories of the Ashes. As we were also wayward there like here while the English like the Indians were accurate and getting the ball to reverse. Harbhajan was pretty good last night just unlucky not to get a wicket. You never need huge turn, a bit will do which is what India are doing nicely.

ywan

Everyone is waiting for new ball now.

Got to bring back Ishant/Zaheer. We are settling these two down

This should now settle any doubts on the follow on (if it happens). No way should Dhoni go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread