Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Don't think Greg will reveal anything new on the players as most of their secrets would have been found by now. Could reveal how they bowled to Australia last time round and why they set a certain field setting etc.

Symonds' absence might reduce tension: Kirsten

Andrew Symonds' likely absence may leave Australia short on experience when they tour India next month but at the same time, it might ease tensionn in the high-profile series, reckons India coach Gary Kirsten. ( Watch )

Symonds has had a story relation with both the Indian players and the crowds. Booed and barracked in India, he also figured prominently with Harbhajan Singh in the Sydney racism row last summer.
http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3447489.cms

Yes he is a good player no doubt,but India should not look at individuals,the whole Aus team is mentall and physically stronger,so they should target whole team,not think who is coming and how's their individual form etc,then they have good chances of winning(offcourse for that they need to be very good with batting,bowling,feilding).

That said, it would get fans a lot more into the game if Symonds were playing, because most Indian fans despise him.

That's true. Personally, I'd buy a ticket just to see Harbhajan uprooting Symond's middle stump. :p.

He'll bring so much more hyppe into the series, which can only be good for the viewers. I hope he plays from that standpoint, but from an India winning standpoint, I'd rather he not. :p

Agreed,Sreesanth is required,it would reallt facinating to see the whole Aus tour of India (test and ODI's), there will be few contraversies i think,because even if both sides Coach's and team members say to reamin calm to their respective team members,Sreesanth,Hayden,Harbhajan, there will be some fireworks,these people wont remain calm till the whole series gets over. If not on field then in media with big digs at each other,but there will be fireworks.

India needs to have 3 spinners in the team.The third could be Murali Kartik,the Aussies havent really played him that well.

Big challenge for the Aussies , but I think we are up to it. Lot of cricket fans around the world are waiting to see the Aussies crash n burn after the retirements of some legends , but we still have a pretty good team. Its fair to say that it will be mighty hard to win in India without a world class spinner. But if Lee, Clark and Mitch can get some reverse swing , Mcgain hold up one end with his accuracy with the help of Pup and Symonds I reckon we can give them a good run for their money. We really need Hayden in good form though , he can really intimidate the Indians and set the tone early. I can't see either side really dominating , so its gonna be a tight hard battle.

Aussies to win 2-1. Imagine all the Indians whinging if we win again. Bring it on!!! :D

I agree with Aditya too that I have not expected an India-Australia series this much for a long time. The preparation done for the series by both sides and the pre-series hype is all very attractive and come the series, its all going to be fireworks. I hope for the excitement element, Andrew Symonds comes to India. I want Sreesanth also picked for the series (if fit). That way, we can have an interesting series as far as cricket goes and also as far as the controversies go.

I personally feel Dhoni should lead the test side for this series (though it looks unlikely). We need some aggression as far as captaincy goes when we tackle Australia. If Rahul and/or Sachin strike form, India will win it.

Aussies know all about Fab 4 (recently Flop 4 :p). I have feeling Dravid and Kumble will go after this series.

Just need Ishant to get fit for the series.

Tension between Aussie, Indian players creation of media: Clark

Australian Fast bowler Stuart Clark disagrees with Indian coach Gary Kirsten that four-Test sequel would have less tension without Andrew Symonds, and says that the reports of tension between the two teams is creation of media.

"That feeling stuff (between Australia and India), I've said all along it's a media thing. The sides get on well - off the field especially," The Age quoted Clark, as saying.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiati...ers_creation_of_media/articleshow/3451896.cms

As i told earlier,that there will be fireworks if not on field,,then in media,taking digs at each other,but there will be some clashes,even if both teams pretend to be very cool on field,there will be at least 1-2 clashes.Lets see.

Nikhil we all read newspaper and almost 80% guys visit cricinfo also. So please stop posting these news clips.

Nikhil we all read newspaper and almost 80% guys visit cricinfo also. So please stop posting these news clips.
I Dont Know Why EVERY SINGLE forum has one of these ppl who would bother and be noisy with what the other member is doing.

Give The Men His FREEDOM! Leave Him Alone, He can post those if He wants to! Its not like he is breaking the rule or any thing!

Users who are viewing this thread