Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Aussies are gonna take the Indians on a ride..........Batsman need to play much better than ever before.

Need bowlers to fire. Batting willl take care against Aussie bowling line up. 1 of oldies will definately fire.

PATHAN? Kumble? Harbhajan?

I'll always be biased against Harbhajan, but Kumble has lost it, and Pathan is just not the same anymore.

Pathan is only good enough for the Bangladesh team right now. Especially when it comes to Tests. Unless he's playing in England, where he would actually be useful with the swing.

I still can't understand how he crashed so steeply.

Ishant, Zaheer, Harbhajan, Kumble, Pathan = Good enough for most test teams.

Seeing Munaf's comeback in the ODI side (he'z actually bowling well), it will be

Ishant, Zaheer, Munaf (and/or) Sreesanth, Harbhajan and Kumble

Hope this would be Kumble's last series. I also hope that Dhoni captains the side for this series instead of Kumble thereby giving him a nice final farewell without the pressures of captaincy (though I would think its unlikely).

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Aussies are gonna take the Indians on a ride..........Batsman need to play much better than ever before.

Australia dont have a Mendis. For India, the Mendis effect itself had a psychological hold over the batsman.

Australia dont have a Mendis. For India, the Mendis effect itself had a psychological hold over the batsman.
I think the psychological effect of Mendis is about equal to the physical effect of Lee. I think Brett Lee could single-handedly turn the series on its head. Also, our lack of progress in finding an adequate replacement to Kumble may bite us here, since traditionally it is the spinners that keep us in the game when Australia tour India. Luckily for us, Harbhajan seems to be getting back into his groove.

Pathan is only good enough for the Bangladesh team right now. Especially when it comes to Tests. Unless he's playing in England, where he would actually be useful with the swing.

I still can't understand how he crashed so steeply.

He was pretty good in the Australia series and awesome in the IPL - We saw the banana swing back!

But he's crashed again...

I think the psychological effect of Mendis is about equal to the physical effect of Lee. I think Brett Lee could single-handedly turn the series on its head. Also, our lack of progress in finding an adequate replacement to Kumble may bite us here, since traditionally it is the spinners that keep us in the game when Australia tour India. Luckily for us, Harbhajan seems to be getting back into his groove.

I feel Kumble would also be back in the groove during the series because he's playing in India and he historically does well in India as always. We dont have any other options right now, and who knows if Kumble decides to bid farewell, then he should bow out against Australia.

I think Brett Lee has been handled pretty well by our Indian batsmen. we did well against him even in Australia, and on Indian wickets, its only going to get much more tougher for him. For me, Clark will be the tough guy again.

He was pretty good in the Australia series and awesome in the IPL - We saw the banana swing back!

But he's crashed again...
Barely. He's never really been in hot form.

I still remember the Natwest Challenge back some time, where, though he may not have been very successful, he was bowling in the 140s with the banana swing. I really don't like his new action, it looks far too tight.

sohummisra added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I think Brett Lee has been handled pretty well by our Indian batsmen. we did well against him even in Australia, and on Indian wickets, its only going to get much more tougher for him. For me, Clark will be the tough guy again.
Clark will be good, but Brett Lee with his pace is going to be the only bowler to hurry the batsmen up a bit in India. Also, he is swinging the ball at good pace, now, and that is going to be dangerous. Of course, he will be limited by the heat (although it may be getting cooler?), but he is definitely going to be a threat.

Coming back to Clark, he will no doubt be a threat. The humid conditions will no doubt bring out the best with him, as long as Ponting is willing to toss him the ball rather than Mitchell Johnson, who seems to have some inside deal with Ricky or something.

In the short term it's disappointing, but in the longer term it's really good because it gives me extra time to get right for India," Hayden said. "India is a hugely challenging and iconic series. There have been a lot of distractions lately with the rise of Twenty20 cricket but the premium product is still Test cricket and one of the premium events is playing India. - Matthew Hayden, Cricinfo

Thats the acknowledgement that I expected. I hope the coming series really lives up to the iconic hype of the India-Australia encounters. The last three out of the four series (2001, 2003 and 2007) have all been terrific in the fight (Australia won rather easily in 2004 if not for a rained out day in Chennai).

Ishant, Zaheer, Harbhajan, Kumble, Pathan = Good enough for most test teams.

Replace Pathan with Sreesanth or Munaf there and we would have a good bowling attack.We need Zaheer to be fully fit this time because he could be useful agains the left handers.
He has a real nack of getting the lefties out.Strauss,Smith,Cook and now Sangakkara !
Could be Hussey,Hayden or Jaques in this series !

Users who are viewing this thread