Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Mate your the one spamming here! I can't wait for the Aussies to absoultely trash your arse and then you won't be ****** talking will you!

Sorry, can you show me a post where I spammed ?
There were talks of a 4-0 whitewash before the Australia tour as well but we all know what happened there.The Aussies were tested for the first time at home since 2003(it was India who did that in 2003 as well).
At least we haven`t been thrashed by the Aussies in the past 3 series.
It was 1-1 in 03,1-2 in 2004 and 1-2 in 08.
The head to head stands at 3-5 to Australia, a lot closer than any other team in the last few years.

Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman and Kumble retire simultaneously? I shudder to think what would happen after that. Currently, I think the chopping order is as follows:

Ganguly, Dravid, Kumble, Laxman, Tendulkar.

At least 1 guy should retire this year, if not 1-2 more.

Actually, it should be kumble b4 dravid.

Kumble should be first, actually. Also, I wouldn't have Sachin last. He just keeps getting injured. His replacement will never be able to settle into the team if Sachin is back one day, and injured the next. Knowing the selectors, they won't see that side of the story (if he doesn't do that well) when Sachin does retire.

Last edited:
Actually, it should be kumble b4 dravid.
We have no spin bowler with proven credentials to replace him. Chawla doesn't seem to be living up to his potential and I don't see a slow left arm spinner ever having a long and extremely successful career in Test cricket. That said, we have to let go of Kumble to test the other blokes out.

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Kumble should be first, actually. Also, I wouldn't have Sachin last. He just keeps getting injured. His replacement will never be able to settle into the team if Sachin is back one day, and injured the next. Knowing the selectors, they won't see that side of the story (if he doesn't do that well) when Sachin does retire.
Sachin should officially retire from one form of the game. It is obvious to me that his career is going to end pretty soon, otherwise, since his body is finally responding to almost 20 years of cricket at the highest level.

^^True .but as he said he will Not think to retire Before the world cup 2011.

We have no spin bowler with proven credentials to replace him. Chawla doesn't seem to be living up to his potential and I don't see a slow left arm spinner ever having a long and extremely successful career in Test cricket. That said, we have to let go of Kumble to test the other blokes out.

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Sachin should officially retire from one form of the game. It is obvious to me that his career is going to end pretty soon, otherwise, since his body is finally responding to almost 20 years of cricket at the highest level.

I hope he retires from Odis after CT.

Last edited:

Amit Mishra is our best bet.

Amit Mishra is our best bet.

But hes only played one odi. No point in just putting him when aus tours us.

IF we are talking about a spinner, then why not give Murali Kartik a chance again? Wasnt he "dropped" after taking a 6fer against aus in that odi match after aus were like what 105/0 at one stage?

Well, you can't blame him for the lack of opportunities. He's played in 3 ODIs though.

IF we are talking about a spinner, then why not give Murali Kartik a chance again? Wasnt he "dropped" after taking a 6fer against aus in that odi match after aus were like what 105/0 at one stage?

If you are talking Tests, then I disagree. He cannot dominate English County Championship, relying on attrition to get his wickets whereas India need to look for a spinner of the class to dominate CC cricket - as Harbhajan Singh did last season. Kartik is too much of a defensive spinner to be a geniune Test option, imo.

Misra > Bhajji > Chawla > Kumble > Powar > Ojha > Murli

Thats our spin department

Ojha is another one in the line of Sifarishi players which are doing round in Indian team.

Aussies are gonna take the Indians on a ride..........Batsman need to play much better than ever before.

Users who are viewing this thread