Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Katich would be a nightmare pick for India. I seem to recall him giving us heaps of trouble whenever we've played him. Sort of like that Pakistani player--Asim Kamal I think was his name.

I think Katich and Hussey are quite similar; they normally dosent kill bowler,they milk the bowling,picks one-two's and stay on the wicket,which is the most imp thing,they dont give away their wicket.

Katich would be a nightmare pick for India. I seem to recall him giving us heaps of trouble whenever we've played him. Sort of like that Pakistani player--Asim Kamal I think was his name.
He fell away to be honest. Got dropped for no reason during England's tour of Pakistan in 2005 for the first 2 tests. Then he played thanks to injury to Younis Khan (or did he opt out? either way...)

He scored only 12 in that game, and was dropped for the rest of his career, and ever since in first-class cricket he hasn't done anything notable with the bat, so he was never recalled.

I think Katich and Hussey are quite similar; they normally dosent kill bowler,they milk the bowling,picks one-two's and stay on the wicket,which is the most imp thing,they dont give away their wicket.
They're incredibly different players, Hussey is quite aggressive, whereas Katich is more of a gritty batsman who doesn't like to attack too much, prefers to build it up. Hussey is the sort of guy who will just as likely block as he will slog for six, very unpredictable though he is improving in that sense.

I think Katich is the way to go at the moment with his part time spinners and batting record against spinners in mind.

They're incredibly different players, Hussey is quite aggressive, whereas Katich is more of a gritty batsman who doesn't like to attack too much, prefers to build it up. Hussey is the sort of guy who will just as likely block as he will slog for six, very unpredictable though he is improving in that sense.

I was going to reply with a similar post but I think he was thinking more of Mike Hussey rather than David.

You mean you were thinking of Dravid rather than Hussey?

Katich should be in there above Symmonds I think - if a player is not commited for playing for his country, he shouldn't be playing. And even so, I think Katich will be the far better player in the situation - he fits perfectly in the team.

David looked comfortable playing spin in IPL. Katich will score 100 at will in India.

I guess Katich is what VVS Laxman is to Australia :p

I think Katich is the way to go at the moment with his part time spinners and batting record against spinners in mind.
Mike Hussey is textbook in the extreme, he has a plan prepared for everything and even in playing the reverse sweep, makes no convoluted adjustment. He is a very sharp judge of line and length, so he is always watching his areas and while that includes what to leave and defend, he loves his cover drive and posesses a mighty slog sweep and pull. Sure, he puts a high price on his wicket, but he knows what he can kill.

Katich is more intuitive. He loves to poke the ball to square leg and in his characteristic step across his stumps, can find a lot of balls on his pads to work with. It can also lead the bowler a bit too wide of off and he is quite happy to put those away too. Against spin he is often just that little bit canny and unorthodox enough to get on top of the bowler. Although he is also fond of the covers and can be seen advancing and playing down the ground, his ability to play subtle and wristy strokes is generally his strength.

Ganguly won't be selected for this series.

Let's hope that Badri makes his way into the team, but we all know that it's probably going to be stupid Rohit Sharma or Yuvraj who gets the nod.

Ganguly won't be selected for this series.

Let's hope that Badri makes his way into the team, but we all know that it's probably going to be stupid Rohit Sharma or Yuvraj who gets the nod.

Yuvraj being left out of the Irani trophy says that he too wont be picked.

Its going to be either Kaif or Badrinath in for Ganguly (most likely Kaif considering the form that he is in right now, coupled with his success in the previous series that Australia played in India)

Katich has looked alright for the A side but I think he should move down to 3 at least. He doesn't seem to be converting his starts like he was last season but I'm hoping due to him opening rather than him falling from his purple patch. Either David Hussey or Katich should be a more than capable fill in for Symonds if not better.

According to cricinfo Punter and Hayden likely to be ready for the Indian tour. I dont know why but I am still hoping that Symonds can work things out with CA and get selected for India (unlikely I know ;) ) . Even if hes not ready we got Katich and Dave Hussey as backup , so the batting line up look pretty good.

Bowling ....well its not looking too good is it ? Lee and Clark all class but Mitch is more hit or miss and we have to go with a new spinner. I have full faith in Mcgain but even the good spinners get destroyed in India. Can we get 20 wickets against a pretty good batting line up ? This would be the deciding the factor of the series for me.

Even Lee and Clark will be tested in India. It will be Clark's biggest test and Lee's hardest one as leader of the pack. All aspects of our bowling attack will be under the microscope. It's more than likely do or die for Johnson, if we lose and he has a bad series he could well be dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread