Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

End of Day 3: Good job done by Indian players,lead of 301,100/0 at stumps,Sehwag & Gambhir batting well,India should try to pose a lead around 400/450 or max 500 if they bat at his rate,then attack with all guns...

Okay. This is interesting;

Ganguly to re-think about his retirement, and come back after well 7 months or an year.. Just like a holiday break? Much more Things are to be unveiled after this series, oh boy!..

If that is true, then it would be great.

If Ganguly scores 200 in every innings he plays in then also I will not want him to reconsider retirement. Its time to move ahead and he is weakest test batsman of 4 middle order ones we have followed by Laxman.

AMITT MISSHHRAAAA!!

He's got plenty of experience behind him now, time to get a leg-spin trio with chawla and kumble, if harbhajan is playing on the other end as a off-spin support bowler. Highly unlikely, But trying three leg-spinners and an off-Spinner against an opposition like australia will work.

But, the line-up will be messed up so much.. Well, leave it. I'm out of my mind.

But, Congrats MISHHRAA! 5 FERR YERR YARR ON DDEEBBUUUUTTTTT!..:D..:D..

Why would you play 5 spinners when the two fantastic seamers that we have have taken like 18 wickets this series?

The Strong confident batting by Sehwag & Gambhir proves that Victory is for sure for indians

Go India :cheers

my prediction :--- Sehwag to score a century :happy

Reckon we'll blitz to a lead of about 550 and declare near tea, get about three tomorrow and then the rest on day 5.

Reckon we'll blitz to a lead of about 550 and declare near tea, get about three tomorrow and then the rest on day 5.

Correct!!

Sehwag look a bit tired but he will be fresh tomorrow and will bat as ODI still Fast & Furious as he is known for

I would hope Australia play ridiculously negative cricket from here on. Clearly, we won't win. We can't bowl India out for anything chaseable - our bowlers aren't good enough, we have no real spinners, Johnson has been okay, Siddle has done reasonably for a debutant and Lee has been nothing short of a hack. (Note: When Clark is fit, if Siddle or Johnson get dropped I'll be disappointed. It should be Lee, even though I know it won't.)

What will work in Australia's advantage is their batting lineup. Arguably but probably the best batsman in the world, Ponting, can save these games. He will be bitterly disappointed in his first innings and when he's determined enough he will generally pull through, and this pitch is not the worst one going around. Hussey and Katich are both remarkably patient cricketers, and while they aren't in the best form of their careers, they won't get out playing stupid shots. Hayden is due, as it doesn't always mean you're out of form when you're getting out that early, it can just be a bad run of luck. Clarke is a weak link I suppose in that I can't see him batting for a really long period of time without playing stupid shots, but with a bit of luck, you never know. Watson is just coming off a better effort than I ever expected to see from him, and Haddin is also an excellent batsman. Cameron White is also a good batsman at domestic level, and could put in a decent amount of time. Realistically, India would not want to leave this until tea. Australia's batting lineup is far more potent than their bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread