Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Despite calls from the Indian Community on the forum that they've already won it it is still possible that Australia will hang on for a draw. Ponting is key imo, going back to the Ashes 2005 he pretty much single handedly saved the game and I feel hes got a chance of doing it again if he gets the support of others. On the other hand India should cause lots of problems on this pitch with their spinner and are obvious favourites. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

india in a great situation, but it is still a good pitch to bat on. I would say india get another 150 runs and then declare before tea and see how it goes.

Aussies will be chasing 425 with 100 overs to get them in.

Absolutely no chance of that happening.India will not bat out 80 overs tomorrow for just 125 runs !
I`ll bet my life on that !

We should have a 500 run lead halfway through the middle session tomorrow and that should be safe.That would also leave us with about 140 overs to get the 10 Aussie wickets.

It won`t be easy though.Our seamers will have to step up to the plate again.Mishra possibly cannot repeat his first innings effort because the batsmen will be more cautious next time around.

aditya123 added 6 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

I wont rely on him for the 2nd innings. He is always under pressure because he knows he doesnt have a good 2nd innings record

There is absolutely no pressure on him here.The team is in a great position and he himself has 2 good innings in this series out of 3.

Last edited:
He cant speak anything tommorow because they will be in a critical position.

Shehwag and Gambhir should continue tomorrow in same style,and same rate,if India looses a wicket,according to me,Dhoni should be sent rather than sending Dravid,because now scoring runs at quick rate is required,rather than taking defensive approach,and Dhoni along with Shewag or Ghambhir (who gets out earlier) can score runs at both ends,if at all wickets start to tumbel,then there is Sachin,Laxman,Dravid,Ganguly to hold on crease.

But that is how you have to approach the game if you are in such strife.You would never see a player come to a press conference and say,`We will lose this game` or `We have no chance of winning this`!

IMO you take it one day at a time, Not go for the win straight away.

Self Belief?!

All I said is that he should take it one step at a time, Not just go for the win straight away...First bat out tomorrow, Then think about chasing the target on day 5...

And TBH I doubt they will have a realistic chance of winning at the start of day 5.

I guess the arrogance in here from th Indian Members is somewhat similair tot he arrogance in the Ganguly thread by Non-Indian Members...

Aussie CAN win from this position. Even if get up to a 450 lead and let them bat, all they need is for Hayden, Ponting, and Hussey to click. Centuries from them is all that is needed. (I'm still a pessimist when it comes to India's bowling)

I'm waiting to see what Dhoni/Kumble's post match comments will be like after they win this test, following that decision from Koertzen that has cost us monumentally. Letting Ganguly get 100 not only cots us momentum and runs, but probably the chance to win or draw this game.
That was indeed a pretty poor decision from Koertzen and probably ranks as badly as those made by the duo at the Sydney test.

Users who are viewing this thread