Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Nowhere. I was just making a statement. When Australians get aggressive it 'Friendly Banter', When Indians gets somewhat aggressive, Its winding people up and its ignorance.

Lifes a **itch.

You gotta remember, they're backward's and ex-convicts ;) You guys are meant to be civilised and intelligent ;)

Well, we have 10 wickets to score anywhere from 200-300 additional runs and a day to do it. Set them a total of 500-600 and let the spinners at them.

When Aussie are arrogant it annoys the hell out of me same with Indian supporters.

India haven't won yet though I expect they will but Aussies can still get a draw.

I too agree that Australia can get a draw out of this. Its not a minefield of a pitch yet and is not expected to be one on Day 5. But the Indian fans are really optimistic that India can win the game here

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

TBH, I normally hate the Aussies, but recently I have just been wound up by some of the comments by the Indian supporters on this forum, so I actually would like the Aussies to draw this match and thrash India from there on in.

God, I can't believe I'm supporting Australia :noway

If that were the case, I wish you have the worst of the times in the next few weeks leading up to the end of this series.

And regarding the Indian supporters and their talking, believe me - its going to get worse (if you find this worse already!).

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Well, we have 10 wickets to score anywhere from 200-300 additional runs and a day to do it. Set them a total of 500-600 and let the spinners at them.

Yes, I would say 'Go hammer tongs' in the first session tomorrow. Make it an enhanced T20 match with 24-25 overs (thats what australia bowl these days in a session:D) and then let the bowlers hunt the Australian batsmen down.

pal's back! Too bad zmario isn't around for you to destroy his arguments though.

Evertonfan, don't worry, Indian fans always get like this. It's only natural. I mean, we have a lead of 200 guaranteed no matter what vs the Aussies. This doesn't happen everyday. I however, as an Indian fan, have seen us grab defeat from the jaws of victory too many times to say India can't lose from here. It is the most unlikely of possibilities though. Chasing 400+ in India is never going to be easy. There are three batsmen who we absolutely have to get out. Katich, Ponting and Hussey. They are the three that can stick around for the longest and enforce a draw.

On a side note, I don't care what the Australians have to say regarding this matter and my opinion won't change even if one of you acts like he's the best cricketing analyst in the world and dissects this post with extreme scrutiny flooding me with a plethora of facts, quotes, stats or any of that nonsense. This is not the Australian attitude. This is not the frame of mind with which the Australians walk out onto the field. They are playing far too negatively. It's not only with the batting once Hayden is out but also with the bowling. Ponting sends as many fielders as he possibly can to the boundary. I certainly don't remember taking 1 hour naps in any test match in the last series or any India-Australia series, before but this series is beginning to compel me.

Last edited:
pal's back! Too bad zmario isn't around for you to destroy his arguments though.

Evertonfan, don't worry, Indian fans always get like this. It's only natural. I mean, we have a lead of 200 guaranteed no matter what vs the Aussies. This doesn't happen everyday. I however, as an Indian fan, have seen us grab defeat from the jaws of victory too many times to say India can't lose from here. It is the most unlikely of possibilities though. Chasing 400+ in India is never going to be easy. There are three batsmen who we absolutely have to get out. Katich, Ponting and Hussey. They are the three that can stick around for the longest and enforce a draw.

On a side note, I don't care what the Australians have to say regarding this matter and my opinion won't change even if one of you acts like he's the best cricketing analyst in the world and dissects this post with extreme scrutiny flooding me with a plethora of facts, quotes, stats or any of that nonsense. This is not the Australian attitude. This is not the frame of mind with which the Australians walk out onto the field. They are playing far too negatively. It's not only with the batting once Hayden is out but also with the bowling. Ponting sends as many fielders as he possibly can to the boundary. I certainly don't remember taking 1 hour naps in any test match in the last series or any India-Australia series, before but this series is beginning to compel me.

You forgot HAYDEN!!! As much as I absolutely HATE HIM, he will remain the guy we need to get. If he gets going, Australia will find their usual flow of runs and will post a big threat.

Also, its the new Australian tactic of playing on the patience of the Indian batsmen. They tried it last time in 2004 and succeeded. But this time, the patience level of the Indian batsmen is much better than 2004, and so the tactic doesnt look to be succeeding this time around. India-Australia contests are great when both teams go at each other, and its disappointing to see Australia's tactics. If it succeeds for them, good. However, I liked Lee's approach when he batted yesterday. And the way he reacted when he was bounced off by Ishant first ball after new ball, that was CLASSIC. I have seen players turn their eye away from the bowler when they are hit by the bouncer, but Lee blew a kiss to Ishant who reacted with some words (couldnt decipher what he told!).

Nah, but I don't see Hayden playing as big a role in a draw as those three will. He's always going to be a threat but I don't see him guiding Australia to a draw as much as I see those three doing so.

India will need 4 and a half sessions to win this one, 4 sessions may not be enough to bowl Australia out, especially if they go to stumps 1 down or with the openers still there.

Shane Watson: "Brett [Lee] and me were having a great time out there, laughing. The quicks were having a good crack, as they do. It never was going to get out of hand"
Watson thinks that they can chase any total.
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/374605.html

But in my opinion,Aus will play defensive in 2nd inngs,if India can really post a huge total,like around 450/500,then Mishra will be danger man,4th and 5th day pitch will be difficult to bat on,he bowled well in 1st inng.

In such a situation it's good to have Sehwag in the team. He can score freely without feeling any pressure. I am guessing that India will bat out two sessions or when they reach 500 runs.

In such a situation it's good to have Sehwag in the team. He can score freely without feeling any pressure. I am guessing that India will bat out two sessions or when they reach 500 runs.

I am guessing mid of 2nd session with 4.5 more sessions to go.

well things not looking too good for us. But hey look at the positive side of things, if we do somehow manage to draw the game we will go to the 3rd test 0-0 with lot of confidence. And if we manage to chase the total.....well then its will be something different all together. I mean its not everyday that you get the chance to chase 500 to win and create history. I strongly think that some team will someday chase 500+ to win a test , well why cant we do it ? We got the players to do it , the pitch is no minefield......why not ?

I know I am clutching at straws here and we will most likely fight for a draw, even more likely we will lose by 200 runs. But if we start batting defensively we got no hope. They will put men around the bat , put lot of pressure and their spinners will tear us apart one by one. We play our best cricket when we just play our natural game and if we do that we will socre about 100 runs a session. 5 sessions to get 500 yeah its not totaly out of the equation. If they only give us 4 sessions , we can then hang on for a draw.

"Attack is best form of defence" - I really would love to see us just have a crack at whatever total they set us. Even if we get bowled out for 100, atleast we didnt die wandering.

Mr.Cricket added 5 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

I am guessing mid of 2nd session with 4.5 more sessions to go.

I think India should bat for 1 and 3/4 sessions and get a lead of around 500. Declare 25 mins. before tea so Hayden has to face the music for 15 mins. If you get a wicket great , if not Hayden still has to start again fresh after tea.

I just have a feeling that Haydens wicket could decide the match. I mean we got classy batsmen like Punter, Huss and Clarke who can make big tons , but nothing would give the team more confidence than a solid platform from the openers.

Happy birthday Veeru (Sehwag)!

Hope you score a century on this day, and set the platform for a good comprehensive Indian victory:cheers

I am waiting for sehwag to hit white for a SIX

yogy added 2 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Gambhir Dropped :happy

I am waiting for sehwag to hit white for a SIX

yogy added 2 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Gambhir Dropped :happy

Gambhir has now done that! He has hit a six off White. A very costly over with a six and a four

I would say bat out two sessions like this, and if you cant bowl out Australia in 4 sessions, then we cant beat them anytime. This pitch is so good, that Australia could chase a big score down. I am reminded of our innings at Mohali against New Zealand where we scored some 500 odd with Sachin and Dravid feasting, and the match ended in a draw (after we were bowled out for 83 in the 1st innings).

Users who are viewing this thread