Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

India have played fantastically all round this test but there is no way they can stroll into the 3rd and 4th test and expect to be in such a comfortable position again.

You can make a good career as an astrologer.

There's been pretty poor and dumb umpiring going in India vs Australia tests since the sydney one... That was a shocker from Rauf. Sehwag nearly took the covers off the ball and was'nt given out!:noway

India are slowing down a bit. These openers will probably will wait till they get their century and then blast away.

Here here, someone get Dhoni to teach Ponting how to captain.

Just saw the Johnson not out geez don't know how that wasn't out. Then Siddle no ball to a very close LBW call. Although looks like bat so less to be annoyed about.

You say Dhoni was as defensive as Ponting?

The Siddle LBW was an edge onto the bat and then onto the pad. The snicko now confirms it. Anyways, Sehwag is lucky to be there when he was clearly out to Johnson.

I think it. As long as Australia continue their defensive tactics, I DONT SEE THEM winning a game on this tour.
You don't reckon the defensive tactics might've been caused by India getting a mid-400s score and Australia being two wickets down early? Australia are going to struggle to get 20 wickets in a test, I agree, I think that White should be dropped for another pace bowler. But Australia could score much quicker than India are at the moment if it were necessary.

Walk if you want to, or not; what you shouldn't do is complain about other's behaviour and then do it yourself.

All those walking thing will not be done anymore. After that fiasco, no one will walk, and I would say its stupid to blame people anymore if they dont walk.

Ok now, Sehwag is out! Didnt hurt Australia much with that bad decision

Well, Sehwag is out.

Also this happened:

'I am told that after Sehwag got away with that thick edge, Ponting walked up to him and suggested that he shoud have walked.'

This could have an interesting development.

That also means the record opening partnership of Boon and Marsh will stand.

Sehwag gone dam it. I hope they Dhoni comes out to bat or Ganguly rather than the wall.

Well bowled by Siddle.. probing line n length. Excellent innings from Sehwag.:clap

No I'm saying hes aggressive and pro active with his moves and bowling changes. Thats what we need.

Siddle has looked much better today, gets his man in the end with that probing length.

Oh! I thought ur reply was sarcastic. Sorry!

You don't reckon the defensive tactics might've been caused by India getting a mid-400s score and Australia being two wickets down early? Australia are going to struggle to get 20 wickets in a test, I agree, I think that White should be dropped for another pace bowler. But Australia could score much quicker than India are at the moment if it were necessary.
It's not only this match. Even in the last match Australia has tried to wait the Indian batsmen out instead of trusting their bowlers to outsmart or be better than the batsman. They did it last time they toured with some success, mainly because they had a quality bowling attack to execute it.

The Indian bowling quartet have shown that attacking with men around the bat is a better idea than just letting the batsmen knock singles around.

That's the way to do it. Bringing in Dhoni. I was actually thinking about that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread