Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Sehwag gone dam it. I hope they Dhoni comes out to bat or Ganguly rather than the wall.

Yeah, Dhoni has come out now.. Good one!

Oh no! Dhoni crossed 0 runs. I guess the Australians are back a peg now:rolleyes:

'I am told that after Sehwag got away with that thick edge, Ponting walked up to him and suggested that he shoud have walked.'
If that's the case, Ponting is a hypocrite of the highest level. Doesn't sound entirely out of the ordinary with regards to Ponting's attitude, though.

Ben, visit the Avatar Challenge thread. Because Sehwag failed to score a ton, if you wish you can make Shravi an avvy of your choice :)

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

If that's the case, Ponting is a hypocrite of the highest level. Doesn't sound entirely out of the ordinary with regards to Ponting's attitude, though.

Its most probably sarcasm.

It's not only this match. Even in the last match Australia has tried to wait the Indian batsmen out instead of trusting their bowlers to outsmart or be better than the batsman. They did it last time they toured with some success, mainly because they had a quality bowling attack to execute it.

The Indian bowling quartet have shown that attacking with men around the bat is a better idea than just letting the batsmen knock singles around.
It's a lot about the quality of the attack. Australia's bowling attack would be at its lowest point right now. Stuart Clark being injured has been a big blow, as he is our best bowler. I'd love to see the selectors show some balls when he returns and put him in the team instead of Lee, but they won't. Lee is a massively overrated bowler.

Isn't Sehwag a little bit more of a hypocrite, and that is exactly what Ponting is pointing out? He did call the Australians cheats for not walking, after all.

The Australians have learn't a lesson. Now they know how painful is a wrong decision is.

Sehwag was actually pretty quick to leave after edging Siddle, maybe Ponting's words hurt him deeply and overcame him with grief!

It's a lot about the quality of the attack. Australia's bowling attack would be at its lowest point right now. Stuart Clark being injured has been a big blow, as he is our best bowler. I'd love to see the selectors show some balls when he returns and put him in the team instead of Lee, but they won't. Lee is a massively overrated bowler.

I'd have no problems if they dropped Lee. Ideally my bowling lineup would be
Clark
Bollinger
Siddle/Johnson/Lee
Cullen

With what we have over here I'd put Johnson in for Cullen.

I don't think Lee is overrated. He's just having a bad series. He's a pretty class act, otherwise. Also, look at our bowling line-up. We have somewhat of a veteran in Zaheer Khan, who has never reached his top potential, an upcoming fast-bowler who is in great form but very inexperienced, a spinner who has not had too much success of late and a debutante. As much as it is about a quality of a bowling line-up, it is also about instilling confidence in your bowlers. If you're going to tell them to go out and stifle the runs (even in the first dig) instead of taking wickets, it's not going to help them perform at their best.

Well, I can see us winning the 3rd and 4th test because of India doing so well in these last 2 tests. Its not often we stay down for long.

India didnt do too well at Bangalore. They barely managed to stave off defeat there.

Isn't Sehwag a little bit more of a hypocrite, and that is exactly what Ponting is pointing out? He did call the Australians cheats for not walking, after all.
If you read the articles, I believe Sehwag was elaborating on the catch appeals and the catching pact, and not walking, after all.

That sehwag's miss was again another poor decision luckily he got out again. but umpiring has been very poor in this match. Referrals should have been here.

I'd have no problems if they dropped Lee. Ideally my bowling lineup would be
Clark
Bollinger
Siddle/Johnson/Lee
Cullen

With what we have over here I'd put Johnson in for Cullen.

Sounds ok to me but I think it would look more like this:

Clark
Siddle
Dougie/Cullen
Johnson/Lee

But I would like to see:

Clark
Siddle
Johnson
Lee/Dougie

and Clarke as the spinner. It really doesn't concern me whether Lee or Dougie gets that last bowling position, but I definitely think Johnson, Siddle and Clark should play. Johnson bowled great in the first test and Siddle doesn't deserve to be dropped after the test match hes had today.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

India didnt do too well at Bangalore. They barely managed to stave off defeat there.

They didn't do too badly either.

Users who are viewing this thread