Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

I'm waiting to see what Dhoni/Kumble's post match comments will be like after they win this test, following that decision from Koertzen that has cost us monumentally. Letting Ganguly get 100 not only cots us momentum and runs, but probably the chance to win or draw this game.

Shane Watson was adjudged not-out even when the ball would have hit middle-leg wicked of the bowling Of Ishanth Sharma.

If this one would have been given correctly,then the game would have been in a different situation.

Shane Watson was adjudged not-out even when the ball would have hit middle-leg wicked of the bowling Of Ishanth Sharma.

If this one would have been given correctly,then the game would have been in a different situation.

Test 1 : hayden's both dismissal .................

We could have won the match :rolleyes:

If my Aunty had a cock she'd be my uncle. /Brent.

Enough with the ifs and buts, they were/weren't given, get over it, these situations didn't occur, so there's no point even discussing them. It's not like the umpires have made any massively glareing mistakes, apart from the stumping decision from the other day that looked pretty out. I'm looking forward to seeing how this game pans out, India are well and truely in the driving seat, but the test's not won until it's won, so I wouldn't get too excited yet. Australia are still in it.

It's honestly India's test to lose, here. Even if a few of the Aussie batsmen get in, we can just become ultra negative to hold on to the draw. So as I see it, there are two possible results in this game.

I've always wanted us to get that record for most successful run chase in Test cricket looks like we will have a chance to do it today.

Johnson back to his usual crappy self, Lee very very average and Siddle average. I just don't think we can have both Lee and Johnson in the same team. Both are too wayward as we saw with the pitch map comparison in particular Johnson v Khan.

Lets do some Ashes comparisons:
Hayden out of form: Both Ashes and this tour
Gillespie looking pedestrian - Lee looking pedestrian
Tait bowling it everywhere - Johnson bowling it everywhere
Bowlers lacking swing - Bowlers lacking swing

So going by that if we lose this series Lee can kiss good bye his spot, Hayden will make a 100 in the last test match and Johnson will be flicked off into oblivion.

And will our selectors SOS a spinner, they clearly aren't going to play Krejza so send over a spinner that they would consider playing.

I've always wanted us to get that record for most successful run chase in Test cricket looks like we will have a chance to do it today.

Johnson back to his usual crappy self, Lee very very average and Siddle average. I just don't think we can have both Lee and Johnson in the same team. Both are too wayward as we saw with the pitch map comparison in particular Johnson v Khan.

Lets do some Ashes comparisons:
Hayden out of form: Both Ashes and this tour
Gillespie looking pedestrian - Lee looking pedestrian
Tait bowling it everywhere - Johnson bowling it everywhere
Bowlers lacking swing - Bowlers lacking swing

So going by that if we lose this series Lee can kiss good bye his spot, Hayden will make a 100 in the last test match and Johnson will be flicked off into oblivion.

And will our selectors SOS a spinner, they clearly aren't going to play Krejza so send over a spinner that they would consider playing.

They should immidiate send Roy :) if possible Warne too ;)

Okay. This is interesting;

Ganguly to re-think about his retirement, and come back after well 7 months or an year.. Just like a holiday break? Much more Things are to be unveiled after this series, oh boy!..

He is not coming back or anything. He is retiring for good. Let him alone! He has done more than enough for India, and he needs to live the rest of his life peacefully.

saisrini80 added 4 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/374605.html

He's never watched a run chase on the last day in India then...:rolleyes:

Spinners destroy batsmen! He way too over confident.

The way the Aussies have batted so far gives me no hope even in my dreams that they could chase down 450 or 500 (which India will eventually set them). Once Hayden has been brought down, their scoring rate has dipped to alarming levels (mostly below 3 runs per over) and with the wicket helping the Indian bowlers more, I dont see Australia winning it if India set a huge target.

if they want to win it, they got to blow away 10 Indian wickets for 50 odd runs. And if that happens, then India has a strong chance to blow out the Aussie wickets too because our bowling has been in better form this series than the Australians.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Shame on him for havind self belief. :rolleyes:

I don't like all this arrogance from some of the Indian fans on here. It's annoying, some of you need to calm down.

Yeah, when the Aussies have it, its all not a matter. But when we have it, it annoys you.

No, when the Aussies are arrogant, you complain but when you're arrogant, it's pure excitement.

Yeah, when the Aussies have it, its all not a matter. But when we have it, it annoys you.

When Aussie are arrogant it annoys the hell out of me same with Indian supporters.

India haven't won yet though I expect they will but Aussies can still get a draw.

I think the pitch will start to turn more tomorrow and on day 5, and today Mishra was turning 45 on some occasions, I remember a ball to Siddle turned big. So as well Zaheer taking out Hayden in the first ball or so and Ishant taking care of Ponting, I expect the spinners to take the majorityof wickets...

TBH, I normally hate the Aussies, but recently I have just been wound up by some of the comments by the Indian supporters on this forum, so I actually would like the Aussies to draw this match and thrash India from there on in.

God, I can't believe I'm supporting Australia :noway

Everyones entitled to an opinion at the end of the day...

:rolleyes:

Ah crap. My keyboard is typing random stuff again. I wish it wouldn't do this :rolleyes:

Where does it say, people can't have an opinion?

Nowhere. I was just making a statement. When Australians get aggressive it 'Friendly Banter', When Indians gets somewhat aggressive, Its winding people up and its ignorance.

Lifes a **itch.

Users who are viewing this thread