Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Nice start for the Aussies. We need Katich and Haydos to build a steady partnership and really just take all the energy out of the Indians in the opening 30 overs or so.

Hayden looks in an ominous mood at the moment. Very determined. He may well be the main wicket of the big 3.

sohummisra added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

There is no reason why Hayden can't do what Sehwag & Gambhir did to us.
There is actually. The service of quality spinners.

The bowlers bowling a little too short, at the moment. Seems like they have allowed the opening batsmen's aggression to affect their plans.

I'll be over the moon if we're only 1 down at stumps. I'll be okay with 2. 3 would be pushing it.

2 down is already pushing it. 8 wickets in one day with the Indian spinners I wouldn't be confident. Especially if the 2 are Ponting and Hayden. 1 down is worse case.

We'll see if Mishra is really up to the task if he bowls to Hayden or Ponting.
It doesn't really matter. Harbhajan and Mishra are better spinners than anyone in the Australian squad and given a 4th/5th day pitch that is supporting turn, one can identify a straightforward reason regarding your initial point.

I hope Hayden keeps at this till tea. He will get some quick runs but he's still giving the bowlers a chance. And it's fun to watch, too.

Even Katich hitting 4s good signs for the Aussies. Now we need to hope no reverse swing starts in the 9th over.

Sharma doing a Johnson by trying to get wickets down the leg side :)

Hope Hayden doesnt tell that to Zaheer Khan, especially when a certain Venkatesh Prasad is sitting inside as bowling coach for india.
Sorry mate, but it was only a matter of time before a pair of bowlers averaging in the mid 30's surcumbed to a batsman averaging over 50.

Even Katich hitting 4s good signs for the Aussies. Now we need to hope no reverse swing starts in the 9th over.
I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that Australia weren't really playing any shots to take the shine off the ball. With the smacking going around now, I doubt we'll get reverse swing early, if at all!

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Sorry mate, but it was only a matter of time before a pair of bowlers averaging in the mid 30's surcumbed to a batsman averaging over 50.
I suppose it is only fair, given that a couple of bowlers averaging around 30 succumbed to a batsman averaging around 40 just a couple of hours back.

Users who are viewing this thread