Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Unless Kumble's injury is "prolonged", India will have to play 5 bowlers to slot him and Mishra into the same team. Laxman would of course be the axed batsman. Very tough decision given that everyone else has been performing. I think Mishra may just have to bite the bullet here and wait. Luckily the fantastic performance he's put in ensures that he won't be overlooked in the future.

That's Great win for Indians

Zaheer's fixed wicket of Hayden helped us to crush Aussies

Party Time Boys!!:happy ;)

Just got home. What can I say?

Congratulations India on a fantastic test match victory. They fully outplayed us in every aspect of the game during the last 5 days.

I don’t even care who replaces him. White should be dropped ASAP.

PS. 4/1

an emphatic win for india !! and that too with such a huge margin is just
marvellous.

its good to see the aussie members(suprisingly Ponting_14 :eek::p)
accepting their rare defeat in a good spirit. appreciate it ! :)

good luck to you for the rest of the series.

Out of interest what changes would you (Aussie fans) make if you were the selector.

Katich
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Haddin
Watson
Casson
Lee
Johnson
Siddle/Clark

If Clarks fit, I would have to give him the nod over Siddle unfortunately. I can't see us dropping Lee. He hasn't bowled great but thats far to harsh imo to drop him. Maybe he hasn't come to terms with the conditions but that takes time. If he doesn't perform in the next test then I wont be too surprised if we drop him for Siddle.

I dont know why the selectors didn't bring a capable replacement for Watson. Are they trying to say they expect him to play the whole tour? I will be surprised if he doesn't get injured during it. If we can call up either Symonds, David Hussey or Noffke I would put them straight into the squad for Watson.

If we could call up Hussey my line-up would look like this;

Katich
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
D. Hussey
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
Clark/Bollinger
Siddle

D Hussey is a decent part time spinner and with Michael Clarke and even M Hussey can bowl a bit, as shown in this test. Once again it depends on Clarks fitness if we play Dougie or not. I wouldn't play Clark unless hes 100%

Can't really see Jaques coming into the side for the next test, except in fairy land.

Didn't Jaques come back home, with complaints of a back injury? Anyway I dont think he would get a spot this test series. Katich has done well these opening 2 tests and I wouldn't want to drop Hayden. He showed glimpses of how devastating he can be to these Indians when he gets past his 3rd ball ;)

David Hussey is playing for Victoria but so is Hodge. Selectors sure didn't give them any clues, what is silly though is the fact they haven't announced a replacement sooner. The quicker they get over here the better, we don't want another case like White where he was brought in the week of the test.

What a win for the Indians. India just outplayed Aussies & got the result they wanted. I hope India keeps this uo in the next test as well.

ROFL, how much of a hypocrite is Hayden? Moaning about Zaheer for giving him a friendly send off when he got out. Ridiculous, this is coming from one of the most blatent sledgers in the game. Pot,Kettle,Black comes to mind.

Well played India. Well and truely deserved the win, led brilliantly by Dhoni and a fantastic all-round performance. The 2 openers were superb, the middle order all scored bar Laxman, Dhoni was superb, the 2 spinners bowled beautifully and Zaheer and Ishant deserve all the praise in the world, fantastic bowling from those 2. Ishant looks a real star, if he can continue to develop he'll be the best in the world. He's just not up there with Steyn, Lee and Clark yet though, he will be soon though, fantastic bowler. Not looking promising for Australia in the next test either, India have won their last 7 tests at the next ground.

India are better off without Kumble. He was a great bowler, but lately he's been poor and Dhoni is a much better captain.

Why did Dhoni get MOTM. I woulda given it to Gambhir. He scored more runs.

great win for the indians. Poor effort by australia. The fact that India won by basically a whole innings is gonna be very good for their confidence in the next test. It is very hard to beat india in india but much to my hatred i think the indians will probably get up next test as well:(

Get rid of Brad Haddin...that was the sort of lazy shot you see from tailenders!!...hes too old anyway...by the time he finds his feet at international level it'll be time to retire. Bring in Luke Ronchi!!!!:hpraise

looking forward to having Clark back next test hopefully

Good job India. Special mention has to go to Zaheer Khan who has a Wasim-esque control over his swing now. His pace may be down at 125-130kph, but if he can swing it both ways at will, with no change in the quality of accuracy, then who cares.

Users who are viewing this thread