Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

if i were an aussie fan i would have first dropped hayden .but given that he is the only opener now in the aussie squad(katich is not a good opener imo) this cant happen.
OMG

He got 2 poor decisions in the first test. Realistically, his only failed once.

Why would you drop someone who averages over 50 and has scored 30 Test hundreds and has scored 3 hundreds in his last 5 matches?

I am guessing that Man of the Match will be either Tendulkar (for his record), Ganguly (for his century in first innings), Mishra (five wicket haul) or Gambhir (for his total runs). Dhoni scored a lot of runs also.

It would be fitting if Tendulkar (record), Ganguly (farewell) or Mishra (debut) could get the Man of the Match award.

Really, the MOTM award is for the best player on the ground, not for special occasions such as records or debuts. Tendulkar, while making 88, didn't make as many runs as others such as Gambhir and Dhoni, and breaking the record is irrelevant.

While Sourav made a good century, but again, it doesn't matter if it's his last match or 62nd match, Gambhir made a bigger century, as well as a 67 in the first innings. Ganguly shouldn't just get it as a 'farewell gift'.

Mishra did bowl well, however the batsman set up the game, such as Dhoni, Gambhir, Sourav, Tendulkar and Sehwag. It sounds odd, but I believe Harbhajan deserves MOTM more than Mishra, because of his three top order wickets in the fourth innings, which practically eliminated Australia's chances of a draw.

In conclusion and in my opinion, Gambhir deserves MOTM with his aggregate of 172 runs for the match.

Last edited:
I would give the MOTM award to the whole team. Almost everyone has performed in this game, and has helped india to an almost crushing victory (its not over yet, coz this pair is frustrating now)

Come on Zak & Bhajji! Get this pair, and let us sleep well in peace

Hopefully Johnson can holds on long enough to let Clarke get his 100.

aussie_ben91 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

I'd give MOM to Tendulkar. If it wasn't for his performance in the 1st innings then India wouldn't be in the dominant position that they are.

Why Dhoni is not giving ball to Tendulkar he can bowl offspin and legspin,or Mishra,just to disturb both the bastman,becase the partnership of 48 runs,in quick time,change the angle (around the wicket,even if they give away few runs no problem,but just a change might do the trick)

Yeah, I saw the Dhoni part. He should let the umpire do his work. He knew it didnt carry, but still asked Rudi to refer it which is bad on him. he wants to go back in fast!

Johnson batting has come along very nicely, 3rd highest scorer in the 1st inns and now 2nd highest in this one. I think he needs a promotion!

If the selectors have to make 1 change to this side it has to be to get rid of White. Hes in there for his batting yet hes bearly done anything in his 4 inns. We all know about his bowling. Time to stop playing negative and bring in either a paceman or Krejza.

It's going to be all over in 15 minutes max.

Gilly Fan added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Johnson batting has come along very nicely, 3rd highest scorer in the 1st inns and now 2nd highest in this one. I think he needs a promotion!

If the selectors have to make 1 change to this side it has to be to get rid of White. Hes in there for his batting yet hes bearly done anything in his 4 inns. We all know about his bowling. Time to stop playing negative and bring in either a paceman or Krejza.
He's actually in there as a bowler. He's our main spinner.

Harbhajan have so far 299 wickets he has chance of completing 300 wickets in this inngs.Possible today...

Not really been used as a main spinner. I think he could have been effective just in keeping the runs down at moments. Not to mention that Virender Sehwag would have really had a go at him, as would Gambhir, Ganguly and Dhoni, so it would have increased his opportunities to get a wicket. Too bad Ponting didn't try him out.

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Game, set and good night. Domination from start to finish and India have a 1-0 lead.

Congrats India,now India lead series by 1-0

The margin of 320 runs is India's biggest victory in Test cricket

Great performace by everybody,a team effort.

Users who are viewing this thread