Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

I'd really like to see Australia make ZERO changes to their side. Not because they are playing well, but because the selectors believe they CAN play well. Why drop Brett Lee for Bollinger, when Bollinger has been sitting in the dressing rooms for 3 weeks?? No matter how tamely Brett Lee is bowling, he surely is the better option based purely on his record. Trust needs to be shown, not panic. On paper, we should be able to match it with India IMO, so show some faith please selectors...

I think of England in 2005. They lose game one and I expected them to follow their usual pattern and go through a series picking 25 players. No - they made no changes and gave the message that they thought their current XI was good enough to win. And they were!!

So for me the only change is Clark IN, probably Siddle out. White an outside chance of droppage. Only if Lee decides to go home/go fishing will he be dropped, then Clark comes in for Lee.

Yeah, sometimes you are just outclassed. You cannot win every game. Maybe Australia weren't bad. Maybe India has just played that damn well. Hayden, Katich, Ponting, Hussey and Clarke are all proven performers. I don't really understand the Watson criticism by some of the Aussie members either. He hasn't gotten injured, who cares if he's a Queenslander and he's a very handy player to have in your team. Siddle's time will come. That's for sure. However, Lee and Clark are proven performers at the highest level, irrespective of how competitive Australian Domestic cricket may be. I think the only thing everyone will agree with is that White needs to go. The problem is that the Australian selectors seem to be less inclined to expose young spinners such as Casson so early as it may dent their confidence. That isn't a bad ploy as you are grooming a player until he has found himself and can finally make the best of his abilities and talent. Therefore White does make a strong case for selection also considering that Krezja isn't much better. Personally, I don't think Katich and Clarke are half bad. They both certainly look much more threatening than White has so far.

If they made any changes - Krezja or Clark in for White. Can't drop any of the quicks at the moment IMO, dropping Siddle now would be stupid. He's been the best bowler throughout this test for Australia.

I think Ricky needs to trust his bowlers a bit more. He isn't attacking all, he has 8 men outside the ring like he's fielding in the end of some twenty20. He's supposed to be the best captain in the world?

If they made any changes - Krezja or Clark in for White. Can't drop any of the quicks at the moment IMO, dropping Siddle now would be stupid. He's been the best bowler throughout this test for Australia.

I think Ricky needs to trust his bowlers a bit more. He isn't attacking all, he has 8 men outside the ring like he's fielding in the end of some twenty20. He's supposed to be the best captain in the world?
When your most experienced paceman bowls two balls in one over which are a combination of a slower ball and a bouncer, what choice do you have? Most of the stuff Brett Lee has been bowling could not possibly get a wicket, so Ponting has had to go into damage control.

The one chink in the Gillespie-Lee comparisons was that Gillespie was bowling real crap. Lee is doing ok. He looks a little dangerous at times. Well Jacques is gone. Mind you it might be high time to blood in Hussey or Noffke. Any confirmation on who's replacing Jacques?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing that a lot of Australians will be watching today to this match.

And for their own sake the Australian batsmen shouldn't dig themselves in, because then the chances of getting out will increase.

What a fake reason being put forth by Lee regarding the Ponting issue: over-rate. The over-rate before lunch was 13 per hour, 1 ball better than the rest of the innings.

What a fake reason being put forth by Lee regarding the Ponting issue: over-rate. The over-rate before lunch was 13 per hour, 1 ball better than the rest of the innings.

And also as pointed out by Shastri, Ponting bowled Peter Siddle and Mitchell Johnson in that first session, and did not bowl Lee. They were fast bowlers too. I felt Ponting didnt have confidence in Lee after seeing his performance so far in the series.

Edit: Haddin GONE!!! Didnt expect that this early in the morning. Great one for the Indians.

That's just what we needed with Haddin's wicket. If these guys had hung around for a while this morning, then I would have been a little worried.

go to cricketnirvana.com to watch the game live streaming

yogy added 4 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Camerron White gone :happy:happy

2 down today in 2.1 overs!! Kahn and Ishant bowling really well,now i think Indians should finish it off as early as possible, and in this session.

Users who are viewing this thread