Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

India really deserve this win.:clap

Australia should have played well. they played well in the first game but failed to play well this time.

All the best to Both India and Australia for the IIIrd Test.:)

India have won the 2nd Test!:happy They have done so with a win margin of 320 runs which is our biggest test match win in terms of number of runs.
Complete team performance from the Indian team. Great knocks played by all the batsmen, especially by Saurav, Sachin and Dhoni. Our openers provided excellent starts in both innings. With the ball Ishant and Zaheer were unplayable. Great bowling specailly by Amit Mishra.
Australians have been outplayed in this match. India deservedly go 1-0 up in the sereis.:clap

Yeaay..... WE HAVE DONE IT BOYS!!! Superb win. A crushing victory, feels so happy since it comes against the world champions. Again, its proved that India are very dangerous after they have just about saved defeat in the previous test match (England 2002, England 2007, vs Australia in India 2008).

Sachin has been celebrating in this game like a 19 yr old kid, which is FANTASTIC TO SEE!! But we know India have the ability to lose focus after such a big victory, and so we got to keep fingers crossed as to how they will do in Delhi and Nagpur. I expect a backlash from Australia. As always, India-Australia cricket has just been too riveting to watch!

Kumble will be back for the next game, I guess as captain. Hope he gets more inputs from Dhoni, and is as proactive. Dhoni has proved that he is ready to rock with captaincy in all formats. Even though the team did well collectively, he was proactive for most part in the field, and provided lots of encouragement to his bowlers and fielders from behind the stumps always. HE IS JUST TOO GOOD! And he batted really well

Last edited:
Neo sports proved once again stupid. Man! I saw this in their show "Is india the new number one?"..

Hehe, it's like a baby who touches a stethoscope won't be a doctor already! How foolish they are! Absolutely dumb question. If india is the new number one, ....well, there are a lot of points to cover, so i'll leave it... But, people will understand how dumb the people are. Over enthusiasm.. no, it's not that too.

He's actually in there as a bowler. He's our main spinner.

Call him what you like, all I know is he should be shown the door.

Congrats India totally outplayed us in all facets of the game. Hopefully this makes the selectors see the light on a few issues and it provides the kick of the ass that some of our bowlers need. Yes we may not have a good spinner but that doesn't mean our pace bowlers should forget one of the basic of bowling in line and length.

My biggest concern now is to banish our track record of losing the Test match immediately following a victory. Luckily we are playing this game at our traditional stronghold--the Feroz Shah Kotla. If the Aussies thought this pitch helped the spinners, they should not be looking forward to Kotla... probably like the Perth of India, with regards to helping the home team advantage.

Geez, just handing out trophy like bread and water here. I can understand Tendulkar getting a trophy but Ganguly getting one for hitting a century in his last Test at a specific ground?

Maybe they should've given Ponting one for finally hitting a 100 in India. :rolleyes:

My biggest concern now is to banish our track record of losing the Test match immediately following a victory. Luckily we are playing this game at our traditional stronghold--the Feroz Shah Kotla. If the Aussies thought this pitch helped the spinners, they should not be looking forward to Kotla... probably like the Perth of India, with regards to helping the home team advantage.

Its Anil Kumble's fortress too, and now he will be looking to make a point after everybody will be hailing Dhoni for his captaincy.

Will we play 3 spinners at Kotla? Would be very exciting. but that would mean playing 5 bowlers or dropping a seamer. Whatever it is, the selectors have a big headache to encounter

Congrats India your efforts paid off and Aussies Well Played!!

shubhrayu added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Geez, just handing out trophy like bread and water here. I can understand Tendulkar getting a trophy but Ganguly getting one for hitting a century in his last Test at a specific ground?

Maybe they should've given Ponting one for finally hitting a 100 in India. :rolleyes:

So True Ben

seriously. Don't understand why and how ganguly received one.

Funny seeing Michael Clarke scoring 69 in a match where India screwed Australia.

Great win for India. Just hope they don't get too complacent from here on. I will be very interested to see how Kumble is slotted back into the XI.

Great Win Lads, Dhoni MOM?! I thought it would be Gambhir...

Hopefully we can take this form to the Feroz Shah Kotla, Where it is meant to be favour bowlers quite a bit I hear...

Leggie added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Who's the MOTM?..

Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

Who's the MOTM?..

Its MS Dhoni, though I felt it should have been Gambhir. But Dhoni's captaincy was very good, which along with his aggressive batting won him the award

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

seriously. Don't understand why and how ganguly received one.

The Punjab Cricket Association is gifting him one (its more a memorabilia than an award). Their money, their wish.... In a country like India, this is all common. I expected Ganguly to be felicitated in every test match in this series after he announced his retirement. And we didnt see much in Bangalore (or maybe I missed it!)

Good overall decision i guess, There are a lot of contenders for the MOTM award. I could just gone off 10 steps to watch the TV, but i'm too lazy to get off from the computer. :p.. :D..

Users who are viewing this thread