Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

A usual fixed customer for Zaheer Khan? Do you even know what you're talking about? Hayden's hit over 200 runs alone off Zaheer Khan's bowling in Test Cricket.

Take away his 2 cheap dismissals (bad umpiring decisions) over Hayden in the 1st Test and Hayden averages over 40 against Khan in Test Cricket.
What happened to the Australian attitude of not whinging about bad umpiring decisions. A wicket is a wicket. If you're going to discount those two wickets, you have to go through every ball Zaheer has bowled to Hayden and count LBW and catch decisions that the umpire didn't get right. Which, quite simply, is something that you cannot do in any sort of reasonable time, hence it is much easier counting those two wickets.

sohummisra added 9 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24537618-23212,00.html

Gavaskar has no idea, he is on de ganja if he honestly thinks Khan shouldn't have been fined... And even more so, that he thinks Ponting should have been (when it was a clear edge), yet casually forgets Dhoni claiming a catch that bounced.
Just like you casually forgot that Dhoni wasn't sure about the catch and asked the umpire to review it. And you obviously fail to grasp the Ponting incident--which has nothing to do with it being a clear edge, but with the fact that Ponting felt the need to have a confrontation when things didn't go his way.

The nbext test starts on my birthday.Oh boy hope India has a good gift for me.

Half Term next week for me so I can just chill and watch the match :cool: Not go to the library straight away when I reach School and check the score as I normally do :p

Hope Kumble hits some form in the next match and I also hope that Dhoni carries on his batting form regardless of captaincy.

He batted too aggressively, I agree with what Mark Waugh was saying - fair enough looking to be positive but the way he was going was a bit over the top. Similiar deal with Katich, that shot he did to get out on was TERRIBLE.

Great win India, they're the best team in the world at the moment.

The way we played in Sri Lanka, we are not the best. But if Dhoni becomes full time captain and if we can keep this up, we can become best. I wish we have two senior batsman for atleast a year or two to smoothen the transition.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

I agree with this. If they were going for the win, the required run rate was a touch under 4--hardly worth trying to go at Twenty20 pace. It's obvious that Hayden was getting frustrated by his lack of time in the middle and wanted to unsettle the bowlers before they picked his wicket up.

I argue that he was way too aggressive and his attitude at the start of the innings contributed to the wickets of a lot of his teammates.

I agree with this! It was more to do with his own form, and the fact that he was falling to Zaheer Khan more (bad umpiring or not).

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24537618-23212,00.html

Gavaskar has no idea, he is on de ganja if he honestly thinks Khan shouldn't have been fined... And even more so, that he thinks Ponting should have been (when it was a clear edge), yet casually forgets Dhoni claiming a catch that bounced.

Dhoni has mentioned that he wasnt sure of whether the ball actually carried, and thats why he asked Rudi to refer it to the third umpire. And the umpire as usual makes a mistake there sayin that Johnson didnt nick it in the first place.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Dont worry folks. Its just India and not England so everythings fine in Australia.

Yeah, they worry only about Ashes. You dont see them caring about a loss against any other teams:p

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Half Term next week for me so I can just chill and watch the match :cool: Not go to the library straight away when I reach School and check the score as I normally do :p

Hope Kumble hits some form in the next match and I also hope that Dhoni carries on his batting form regardless of captaincy.

Dhoni is a very different man when he is captain. He revels with responsibility. Lets hope that he doesnt drop his guard now with Kumble being back.

India will lose if Kumble returns to captaincy and bowling. He's had his day. He should retire now. With talent like Mishra the time is right.

He's been a fantastic bowler for India. He can only go downhill from here.

This year he's averaging 52.16 with the ball with 25 wickets from 9 games. It's been his worst year BY FAR excluding 1990 because he only played his debut game.

Last edited:
I think with Kumble, it's got to the stage that England reached with Vaughan this summer, in that by keeping them or bringing them back into the side, you're weakening it. When it reaches that stage they've really got to jump or be pushed. Kumble's been a fantastic servant, but at his age you can't keep him in arguing on future, and he's not producing.

India will lose if Kumble returns to captaincy and bowling. He's had his day. He should retire now. With talent like Mishra the time is right.

He's been a fantastic bowler for India. He can only go downhill from here.

This year he's averaging 52.16 with the ball with 25 wickets from 9 games. It's been his worst year BY FAR excluding 1990 because he only played his debut game.

Well, he has been announced in the team for the next two tests and that too, as captain. Dont know whats going to happen. But I agree with you that we will be weakened by his comeback to the team.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Kallis : 'Australia probably at their most vulnerable'
Becase SA will be touring next to Aus soom,but according to me,Aus will be very difficult to beat at home,SA have beaten only once in recent past,while India have beaten Aus for 9 times,also if India wins the series,Aus will definately pounce and come hard on SA at their own den.

Wrong place to post this.

I'd reckon they would leave Katich up there and pick four front line bowlers. Lee, Johnson, Clark/Siddle and Watson won't cut it. If Clark isn't fit I'd rather see Bollinger get a guernsey, we really need to be able to get these elusive 20 wickets. Also, don't think Siddle should be dropped on his form.
I don't think it will happen that way, I just hope it.

As for Watson, I picked him ahead of White because he's in form with both bat and ball, but I guess if Clark is fit it's possible that we could play Siddle, Clark, Johnson and Lee, but then we weaken our batting lineup which isn't doing so well so far.

They will probably leave Katich at opening, I just think it's a waste of a good player of spin having him face pace bowlers at the top of the order. They chose him over Jaques purely because he's a good player of spin AFAIK, which was stupid in my opinion.

aus5892 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Well, Marsh is going to India. But another guy wants to have a go as well. I've got a feeling he will be selected against South Africa.

Tait would join Test squad if asked
Cricinfo staff
October 23, 2008
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/story/375029.html
Doubt Tait will get a go against South Africa, he has been leapfrogged by Siddle and only has himself to blame. The pecking order would now be:
Lee & Clark
Johnson
Siddle
Bollinger
Tait or Noffke

Doubt Tait will get a go against South Africa, he has been leapfrogged by Siddle and only has himself to blame.

Its hard to blame Tait for his depression, it isn't his fault.

But yes Siddle probably has now leapfrogged him in the pecking order and looks like he has a lot of potential.

Well, Marsh is going to India. But another guy wants to have a go as well. I've got a feeling he will be selected against South Africa.

Tait would join Test squad if asked
Cricinfo staff
October 23, 2008
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/story/375029.html

Tait still needs to prove he can consistently get wickets in FC. And even then I have my doubts that he can make the step up to Test cricket. Also we need a spinner not another paceman over here.

Indeed it isn't. He was feeling demotivated and did the right thing by taking time off.
Worth it too, by the looks of it, his bowling on Wednesday was a real exhibition, hence the interview. Very well tempered aggression; it seemed like accuracy came ahead of pace, although he consistently bowled above 145 kph and he found reverse swing early; when the time came to bowl yorkers it was hard to believe. If he keeps having days like that, he'll be certain for a call-up in some form of the game this summer and I would be surprised if he can't develop some Sheffield Shield form, especially given recent bowling conditions at the WACA and Brisbane.

Of course, being called to India would be extremely unlikely, but no doubt he's caught some attention.

Users who are viewing this thread