Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Its better Tait is bowling in Aussie pitches and not flat beds in India. I have feeling tait will destroy Saffers.

One of my school friend told me that Symonds was called!!

Is it true?

I don't think so, I'd find it highly unlikely to see him for a while after his fishing debacle

BTW is Stuart Clark going to be fit for Delhi? Because he could be a real handful on the Delhi Pitch...

Clark wont be factor. MJ is the guy im worried about. Even though he bowls loose but he always picks wickets against Indians.

Is it true?

In newspapers, i saw over 70% of people (Australian) senior cricketers like Gilly, Warne etc .... and few current players like White suggested that Roy should be in India in next flight. He has got his punishment which is enough and this is the right time to deploy Roy once again. Even Buchanan and Moddy mentioned the same

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/diffstrokes/archives/2008/10/whinging_aussies.php

This is the sort of rubbish that is served up as intelligent fare for cricket followers in Australia, trying to follow a gripping Test match between two evenly matched teams. The hypocrisy is breath-taking. I have never seen a similar headline in the last 20 years when most of the verbal barrage, distinctly ?unfriendly banter?, has been dished out by the Australians. Even when opposition players, clearly not as sanguine about it as Watson and Lee clearly were, complained about being verbally intimidated, no one ever really described it in such negative language.

Aussie media suck big time...

Tait offers his reverse swing to counter Indian batsmen

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiati...verse_swing_if_picked/articleshow/3634089.cms

He was there at perth test (at least he was there in 1 match when India toured Aus,and he was hammered for runs,on Aus pitches,where pitches suits for fast bowlers!!!)Anyway when he coudnt perform in 07 Ashes,he was again unsucessfull he took a long break,saying he mentally needs a break.If he gets picked up again and fails,what will he do?

Its hard to blame Tait for his depression, it isn't his fault.

But yes Siddle probably has now leapfrogged him in the pecking order and looks like he has a lot of potential.
Well no I'm not blaming him, I worded that wrong, I'm just saying that he picked a bad time to step out, and I really don't see why he did it either, he was on the verge of the Australian team, and even got a go in a test, bowls badly and suddenly he's out? No more cricket, he's had enough for now? Just doesn't make much sense to me.

Is it true?
No it isn't,Cricket Australia already ruled it out.

Well no I'm not blaming him, I worded that wrong, I'm just saying that he picked a bad time to step out, and I really don't see why he did it either, he was on the verge of the Australian team, and even got a go in a test, bowls badly and suddenly he's out? No more cricket, he's had enough for now? Just doesn't make much sense to me.
Yes he should have stuck it out, no he wasn't bowling too well, yes he could've gotten back in... in short, I think Tait took the right choice. Why? Give all or give nothing. I think this is quintessentially the Australian approach. Guys that can't give 100% retire and really to be sensible enough to make a decision that could well end not only your Test and ODI career, but also your First Class career, on the grounds that you can produce better next year, is ballsy. I think this is also why CA respected his decision enough to contract him.

I think admitting your limitations is a big part of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread