Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Personally I didn't and don't see much wrong with Casson, Altough he went for over a run a ball in the first innings in his only test, He came back pretty well in the 2nd with 3 for 86 (I think).

The selectors based it on his bowling style i.e left arm chinaman while the selectors were after a leg spinner and off spinner. Although we really should have picked our best spinner regardless, we did with McGain but we didn't with Krejza. Casson also was injured around the time of selection but the selectors never mentioned that as the reason for not picking him.

Casson would have been a handful. Apart from Murali, Hogg (a fellow chinaman) has been one of the only spin bowlers to trouble India. This is probably since chinamen are so rare--in fact, I don't think there's an Indian one in contention for even a second- or third-XI spot right now. So it would have been different.

Looks like the Australian selection panel is having a tough time picking a good squad. Probably because the squad picked itself, in the past. Maybe they should have shown some planning by sending a few younger cricketers along for the ride when the Australian juggernaut was blowing through.

Also, Kirsten implies that Kumble will come in for Mishra. I'm a little bit wary of Kirsten talking to the media these days. That's been a downfall of a lot of our coaches.

Good point on Hogg although he didn't have enough games to show how effective his art is in Test matches. Since returning from injury Casson hasn't been flash so in hindsight not picking him was right but due to his injury rather than his bowling style. So he is another that you can add to the injury list.

And now we have Ponting who has been playing through the pain.
AUSTRALIA's injury woes continue to mount, with captain Ricky Ponting requiring a cortisone injection in his troublesome right wrist during the second Test in Mohali, which Australia lost badly last week.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24562353-23212,00.html

Hahah Lol Aussies are so fear this days since none on the spinners are doing their job. First Greg Then Bedi and then Steve..
Aussies talk about Sportsman Spirit? they just know the mind games through which they can pressure the team and take advantage of all ..Sportsman Spirit...huh ;)

I doubt they even know the word Sportsman spirit ?? they say no one shake hand after Sydney Defeat but Tendulkar was the first to do so.. who World Champions? :rolleyes:

Happy Diwali Guys. :happy

Now need Diwali present from the team by continuing Delhi dominance.

I think he injured his fingers during net practice. I am not so sure about this.

I suppose so. But Bhajji provides some sort of the depth to the batting order - Not that we need some ATM though....Bhajji just looks so good right now.

Mishra isn't exactly a bunny with the bat either.

Bollinger deserves a go but the problem is that Siddle has done pretty good so far. I dont think Australia will play Krejza considering what happened in the Board XI match. It's looking tough for Australia. They need something special from Lee and the top order batsmen.

By the way is Clark fit for the match?

Last edited:
Hahah Lol Aussies are so fear this days since none on the spinners are doing their job. First Greg Then Bedi and then Steve..
Aussies talk about Sportsman Spirit? they just know the mind games through which they can pressure the team and take advantage of all ..Sportsman Spirit...huh ;)

I doubt they even know the word Sportsman spirit ?? they say no one shake hand after Sydney Defeat but Tendulkar was the first to do so.. who World Champions? :rolleyes:

Great Tendulkar and Dravid was accused of ball tampering, name any of our players who got accused reagdring tampering ?????

And who talking about your sportman spirit :rolleyes:

When did he shook hands? Offcamera ??

Happy Diwali Guys. :happy

Now need Diwali present from the team by continuing Delhi dominance.

If we wrap up the series in Delhi, It will be my best Diwali present ever!

Kinda feel sorry for the players though, They don't get to be with their families for this once in a year event...

Users who are viewing this thread