Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Ojha looked completely out of in the Challengers, and Robin gave him a good whalloping. He has the talent to run through the Aussies when he's at his best on his type of pitch, but right now, Ashwin would be a much better choice.

Last edited:
Bollinger deserves a go but the problem is that Siddle has done pretty good so far. I dont think Australia will play Krejza considering what happened in the Board XI match. It's looking tough for Australia. They need something special from Lee and the top order batsmen.

By the way is Clark fit for the match?

Clark has been confirmed for the match and Krejza is coming under serious consideration for the match. They will leave it to the pitch inspection before deciding.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24567574-23212,00.html

Please, Please .......... no kreza :noway it will be the biggest mistake :(

Please, Please .......Yes to Krejza :happy It will be the biggest Diwali present :p

On a more serious note, It will be interesting to see Haydos trying to attack Zak, As he said the only way to conquer him (Zaheer) is to attack him, Would be really interesting if Zak got him out when he was trying to attack...

Excitement awaits tomorrow.

And the guy who obviously won't be looked at for being Tamil.

:p

Hey, its Srikkanth as the chairman. So players from the South can look for good times.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

On a more serious note, It will be interesting to see Haydos trying to attack Zak, As he said the only way to conquer him (Zaheer) is to attack him, Would be really interesting if Zak got him out when he was trying to attack...

Excitement awaits tomorrow.

Ponting has said that Hayden overattacked a bit on that day, and that he particularly wanted to go after Zaheer. We do have backup with the other bowlers if Hayden gets into that zone. So I am optimistic that we have the ability to curb Hayden, if we execute our plans well.

I am eagerly anticipating the Test match. India have an all too good opportunity to seal the series; however, it is all too Indian to become complacent but we must treat this game like the decider.

I have no issue with Kumble playing if he is 100% fit. I am adamant that the pecking order is Kumble and Harbhajan followed by Mishra but that this pecking order should be rejected immediately if a player is not 100% fit. Looking for Australia's benefit, I think that Cameron White should be dropped for Clark/Siddle both coming in to the team. White has looked an inferior to Clarke with the ball and his batting should really be negligable down at eight. (I somehow feel I will grow to lament saying that).

This will be a turning track and so India should, without a doubt, bat first.

Krejza is an aggressive off spinner who gives the ball big air and big turn though. He might get smashed about a bit, but he's FAR, FAR more likely to take wickets than Cameron White EVER is. Beside White hasn't got any runs, hasn't looked like getting any runs to even justify his place in the side with the provisor that he manages to score some runs as well. It'd be a more positive move to play Krejza. It's also interesting to see a lot of Indian fans write him off just because he got smashed in a tour game. Many bowlers have come to a place they've never played before and get absolutely ballooned off the park in warm up games before. Plenty of batsman have done the same, come to a country they've never played in and get run over for zip in three or four tour games then actually manage something in the Tests. I don't think he's good enough to play Test cricket for Australia, but too many have been too quick to write him off without giving him a chance. And no, this isn't me saying that'll go out and take ten-fer if he plays, or even that he'll take 2-fer in the game, I'm just saying he's a more attacking option and doesn't really deserve a lot of fans being pretty derogatory about him on the basis of one tour matches figures. And yes, I'm sure you'll quote back to his First Class Figures, but considering Murali averages 97(?) with the ball in India, it has to be taken into consideration that perhaps State spinners figures aren't going to be great in comparison to county spinners around the rest of the world. Jeez, if Murali averages 90 odd with the ball in Aus then every state spinner isn't going to average 25 with the ball and be able to come into the test side.

Oh no! We lose Bhajji.... But the issue of Mishra-Kumble is sorted out with both of them playing. Both are different type of leg spinners too which should still help in the variety.

India cant get complacent, which they are used to doing when they are in the lead. If we get a total of 400+ or more in the first innings, we would just set up the test match perfectly. The home ground openers must fire as they have always done in recent times

Good bowling by Lee, need couple of more wickets and bring the middle order in to put the pressure on.

Users who are viewing this thread