Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Not such a great start for us :noway

We need Hussey and Hayden to get centuries if we're to have any chance whatsoever.
Yeah, but I think speed of scoring is important here. If they do manage a partnership above 4 an over, they take pressure off the lower order. All those guys can bat and it's still a good surface, so not leaving them with 5 an over to get allows them room to play naturally.

However, here we come for the dreaded afternoon session. India should take a lot of wickets after lunch, but I guess if they don't, the unthinkable has already happened.

Pathetic over rate from India this session. I actually had to go back on Cricinfo and check if the start of play had been delayed!

I think both captains need to be pulled up after this test match and be fined at the very least.

The runs are about right, but 2 more wicket then I would have liked.

These two need to put on another 150 if we're going to have a shot to be honest.

Both captains should get a match ban for this. Disgusting.

Totally ruined a great series.

Pathetic over rate from India this session. I actually had to go back on Cricinfo and check if the start of play had been delayed!

I think both captains need to be pulled up after this test match and be fined at the very least.

Ban both of them ffs.

Well India not doing any better than Australia in over rate, he's also about 10 overs behind, Dhoni should definitely be banned because I've got no doubt he's doing it on purpose to make it harder for us to win.

21.3 overs bowled in 2 hours. That is downright pathetic. They're already 8 and a half overs down.

If Ponting is going to be suspended, then so should Dhoni.

Gilly Fan added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Fine is going to do nothing. They're millionaires. They need to be banned, and if a one match ban wont change anything, then ban them for a whole series or two.

21.3 overs bowled in 2 hours. That is downright pathetic. They're already 8 and a half overs down.

Gilly Fan added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Fine is going to do nothing. They're millionaires. They need to be banned, and if a one match ban wont change anything, then ban them for a whole series or two.

I'd love to see a team without Ponting against New Zealand:

Katich
Hayden
Hussey
Clarke (c)
Hussey
Watson
Haddin (t)
Krejza
Lee
Clark
Bollinger

Would be awesome composite, NSW, QLD and WA team, with virtually no weaknesses except maybe Krezja and Haddin.

India played well in 1st session,the second session could decide the fate of match.

No doubt, it will. Expect India to take a bag, especially expect them to get both Hayden and Hussey, but if they don't; and I guess if they're sweating on the over rate, maybe they'll let the foot off; it will be a serious failure and the game will slip away from them.

Dravid's doing very badly. He didn't perform in Lanka either. What do you gys think about his future? Should he stay or should he go?

Dravid needs a big break. He has to sort his form out in domestic cricket, and come only if he shows that he is back to acceptable form.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

I guess it was the worst ever. Is that right, or have the teams done worser than this with the over rate? 21.3 overs in a session is horrible.

I think as long as Hayden is in there, Australia are in the hunt just by a whisker. If he gets out, its India's game. The scoring rate today has been 4.5 and above which is good. If these two can continue it and even improve it, we will surely be in danger. Two lives to Hayden is freaking pathetic!

Last edited:
No doubt, it will. Expect India to take a bag, especially expect them to get both Hayden and Hussey, but if they don't; and I guess if they're sweating on the over rate, maybe they'll let the foot off; it will be a serious failure and the game will slip away from them.

Maybe Ponting will get lucky then, India doing what we did after tea. Lucky for India they have 2 threatening spinners that can speed up the over rate. The other lucky thing for Dhoni is if he wants to try the 8-1 field hes got 2 lefties which won't slow moving the field.

aussie1st added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

I guess it was the worst ever. Is that right, or have the teams done worser than this with the over rate? 21.3 overs in a session is horrible.

Probably the worst in this decade. I don't know what the West Indian team back in the 80s was doing with their over rates but they certainly would have tried unlike the two skippers here.

To be honest Ponting deserves a much stronger punishment than Dhoni since he has been guilty of poor over-rate in at least the last two series. I remember bringing it up during our tour of Australia and of course this series he's been appalling. Dhoni has been much better in the few Tests he's captained, although really bad today.

This is DISGUSTING. The over-rate is shocking. 10.4 per hour with a spinner bowling the entire morning at one end. The ICC simply have to crack down. This can't go un-punished.

India obviously scared of losing.

Scared :rolleyes: of what? Nah Never !!

Yes the Over rate is just so disgusting :mad:

Purposefully

Probably the worst in this decade. I don't know what the West Indian team back in the 80s was doing with their over rates but they certainly would have tried unlike the two skippers here.
Gavaskar brought it up a couple of days ago. With a full pace attack with large run-ups, they were still getting in 14-15 overs an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread