Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Hussey, Hayden and Katich wickets are crucial. Pointing will get out soon.
Ridiculous thing to say. Ponting is the most valuable wicket in our lineup, something that comes with being the best batsman in the world. If he gets under 50, I doubt we can win. We have another couple of excellent batsmen in Hussey and Hayden, but this is the sort of chase I can only see someone with the class, concentration and composure of Ponting pulling off.

Aussies are in a "Do or Die" situation. The target is pretty huge and it will become really tough when the spinners come on to bowl. Krejza bowled really well but his economy rate is something to worry about for the Aussies. Watson bowled well too, now he's becoming a good test bowler with time but he'll have to fire with the bat in the 2nd innings to help his team win this.

It could have been a lower target for the Aussies if the middle order hadn't collapsed in the 1st innings. Its gonna be a really exciting 5th day.

Not a good start Katich gone to Sharma :( He was the aggressor of this partnership but I'll take that since Hayden is still in.

Bad shot for Katich. One down!

deerkick added 6 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Aaaaaand game?

Can't believe some people were actually saying we had a good shot today.

Can?t wait until this nightmare tour is over and we can move on.

Dam Sky sports I just missed 2 wickets. I can't believe we keep running ourselves out when we are meant to be good runners between wickets.

Brilliant work by little Mishy.. Ponting's out by a yard almost. Now let's see if Aussies still go for the win.

EDIT: Bowden just rescued Clarke.

Last edited:
Hussey, Hayden and Katich wickets are crucial. Pointing will get out soon.

Ponting was a very valuable wicket along with Hayden, and good that we got him.

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Brilliant work by little Mishy.. Ponting's out by a yard almost. Now let's see if Aussies still go for the win.

EDIT: Bowden just rescued Clarke.

Oh yeah oh yeah!!! Clarke was plumb in front! They compared the Vijay dismissal yesterday with this one, and yes if that was out, this was more pronounced.

And what do they mean by "generally unwell"? The Aussie dressing room has said that Clarke is "generally unwell" and thats why he is provided with a runner.

I don't know why you would care if him being 'generally unwell' warrants a runner or not.

Surely having a runner has to hamper the batting side more, it just causes confusion.

And Clarke's LBW was different to Vijay's in that Clarke's seamed in while Vijay's swung. As an umpire sharp movement off the seam often looks less likely to hit the stumps than swing. Live I actually thought it was missing. But the replays change my mind haha.

Anyway, I would be suprised if we get much past 200.

India sure do love dropping catches at crucial moments :) If it wasn't already game set and match that would have been.

The Daily Telegraph are really giving it to Ponting in todays paper about worrying more about getting suspended then winning the test.

Ridiculous thing to say. Ponting is the most valuable wicket in our lineup, something that comes with being the best batsman in the world. If he gets under 50, I doubt we can win. We have another couple of excellent batsmen in Hussey and Hayden, but this is the sort of chase I can only see someone with the class, concentration and composure of Ponting pulling off.

What made me said that about Pointing is he is very poor on Indian pitches. He struggle to score runs. Good so see him score a ton in 1st test. But he is out now.

Users who are viewing this thread