Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Day 5 - Result

India Win - Australia going for runs and losing wickets is most likely.:upray

Draw - don't know australia puts down the foot on breaks, they have done some bizarre things on this trip is possible:p

India loss - Miracles do happen in cricket as they say but that is most unlikely:noway

The problem is Australia DO have plenty of batting, and with the likes of Cameron White and even down to Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson down the line, it is very possible for them to score at the required 4.1rpo throughout the match.

I hope Dhoni pulls more great tactics out of his hat! I'd really like to see a full on legside field and with a big gap through the covers and 2 slips and a gully in place. I think we have a good chance with sharma and Zaheer attacking the wickets and bowling the odd one going away with the gap in the covers and hopefully tempting katich or hayden into playin the false shot early in the innings.

India HAS to take all the catches that come their way or I fear we will lose.

As for the spinners, well, its a great track for the likes of mishra and harbajan so I'm hoping they do give the ball some air unlike the first innings.

The Indian draw is very much an option. Hell we might even seen a 9-0 field. It's going to be up to the Aussie batters to make the running with the Indians having the option to go for the win or draw.

Indian draw? Are we seeing the coining of a new term?:D

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

dhoni won't be using those fields this time unless aussies get a very good start.
dhoni will definitely go for a win tomorrow.

He wont go for such fields at the start unless Australia get off to a flier and continue getting runs very quickly. He will go for the win at the start

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Ganguly better get a lengthy spell tomorrow.

When the pacers arent getting anything of the wicket, I wont give Ganguly the ball and give easy runs to the Aussies just because of emotional reasons. I know its his last day of international cricket, but cant risk it. Definitely he will have lot of attention on him tomorrow and maybe the players might lift him off the field and do even more than what they did to Kumble (well, the Aussies gave a guard of honour to him, which I found very touching as a Dada fan! Thanks to them).

Indian draw? Are we seeing the coining of a new term?:D

The aussie1st term :) It simply means the team trying for the draw. i.e the 3rd test was an Aussie draw cause they were playing for the draw. For the 4th test I don't expect an Aussie draw.

Apart from the top 4, there are important innings for Shane Watson and Brad Haddin today.

Haddin has had a poor tour and the selectors could be thinking of cutting him for the coming summer if he can't show more control and responsibility. Not to mention his keeping has been pretty poor, in tough conditions though, so the selectors may have some sympathy.

Watson has shown he is comfortable batting against the top bowlers and exhibited great technique, but fans are still unconvinced he can bat. Plus, his bowling yesterday was excellent and it's a shame all the slamming of Ponting and over rates will drown out the praise that he deserves for it. Made the ball move and was aggressive with bouncers too, all while bowling 130+. Not many #6 batsmen can do that.

The aussie1st term :) It simply means the team trying for the draw. i.e the 3rd test was an Aussie draw cause they were playing for the draw. For the 4th test I don't expect an Aussie draw.

I personally dont think India will try for the draw from the start. But yes, if the Australia batsmen continue to succeed and are well towards the target, we will defend and would try for the draw

They will play sessions by session,Aus will try to get close to 100 runs per session,that would be their target,without loosing wickets,lets see Dhoni's tacticks here.

Dhoni will definately attack and I think that would be the best way to go about it when you're up against the Australian batting line up. Attack attack attack, and if and only if they can get partnerships going and a quick flow of runs will Dhoni resort to playin for a draw.

I think just bowling to your field and bowling a good line and length can get you wickets tomorrow, especially since Australia will definitely go after the bowlers.

Why are some Indians so nervous about today?

India are hands down favorites today. All the pressure is on our batsmen. All of it.

It would be the greatest 4th innings run chase in the history of cricket, let alone Australian cricket. That?s how much we have to do today.

Why are some Indians so nervous about today?

India are hands down favorites today. All the pressure is on our batsmen. All of it.

It would be the greatest 4th innings run chase in the history of cricket, let alone Australian cricket. That?s how much we have to do today.
We are nervous because your batting line-up is class. If all the big players contribute (Hayden, Hussey, Ponting) then this could get tight. It's a large mountain, but if anyone can do it, it would be Australia.

We are nervous because your batting line-up is class. If all the big players contribute (Hayden, Hussey, Ponting) then this could get tight. It's a large mountain, but if anyone can do it, it would be Australia.

Hussey, Hayden and Katich wickets are crucial. Pointing will get out soon.

It's a large mountain? It's Mount Everest!

I'd be shocked beyond words if we win. And I don't usually say things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread