Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

No offense Chetan, but you're making the Indian supporters look dumb with your...antics.

I'm torn between watching the (hopeful) victory and the victory celebrations and going to bed and reading about it tomorrow.

Woot!Woot! Watson's gone! India to win BG Trophy 2008 2-0.:happy

India inching towards victory 2-0.That would be a good send off for Ganguly.

Ok time for the Aussie draw :p Dam Watson any extremely slim hope just went down the drain with that poor shot.

Too late :p Watson and Haddin made sure we loose this one :rolleyes:

Roy in for sure. who will be out ?

Most probably Tim Nelsen will be :wave either Buchanan will be back or we can ask for Steve Waugh ;)

Very well, then 2012 :p

I will not be surprised if Ponting get strip out from captaincy after this series. Most likely it will happen and it should.

Oh yeah, stuff all his fantastic achievements like the 5-0 Ashes win, or beating India on our turf, or the 2 World Cup successes and equaling the record for most matches won (cant remember if we broke it). Yeah all that doesn't matter now because hes totally our worst ever captain simply because of this series... :rolleyes:

I think Dhoni should bring Ganguly in once we get another wicket. I would like to see him get a wicket in the hope that his final accomplishment in cricket will not be a duck.

Oh yeah, stuff all his fantastic achievements like the 5-0 Ashes win, or beating India on our turf, or the 2 World Cup successes and equaling the record for most matches won (cant remember if we broke it). Yeah all that doesn't matter now because hes totally our worst ever captain simply because of this series... :rolleyes:

We were in the game yesterday but that 100 partnership put the nails on our hopes. We could have chasing a target under 300 if a good decission have bene taken. This is the worst captaincy i have seen from Ponting ever :( Time to call Pup, he need to prepare himslef from now ;)

Yeah, actually that'd be better for those who almost started saying thats its getting to the point of overkill. And after 4 yrs, the rivalry should have had enough break to hot up big.

But pretty much all the players from when the rivalry really started in 2001 will be gone by then. Won't be the same. Players for the most part make the rivalries what they are.

He is a perfect ODI captain :)

INDIA ARE WINNING!! YAY!!

Australia can only dream of getting to that. Finish them up india, oi oi oi!..

What can I say, when you don't put your best team on the pitch, drop well performing youngsters for out of form veterans, bowl the wrong bowlers to avoid a ban against a team that struggled to beat Bangladesh, you're not going to win many cricket games.

ASHES 05 - we lost

ASHES 06 - We Thrash England

BG TROPHY 08 - We will loose

BG TROPHY 09 - You will fill the pain
Ah, the short lived memories of cricket. Try this.

2008: India 2-0
2004: Australia 2-1
2001: India 2-1
1998: India 2-1
1996: India (single match)
1986: 0-0
1979: India 2-0
1969: Australia 3-1

Rather than go through all the tours of Australia, I'll just say, in the last 40 years, India's best result is 1-1. What it means is that rather than a new dominion as a result of one single series win, it remains a frontier for Australian teams. Better Australian teams have lost, arguably beaten by worse Indian teams. Australia were considered a dominant force throughout the nineties and Steve Waugh's Australia in 2001 was a hugely rated team, but it was never to be.

For India, the game is afoot again just as soon as this one is over. ODIs against a revitalised England will be curious, but India are unlikely to make adjustments to their ODI team as a result of this series. However, in December, they will have to make a replacement for Ganguly and probably Dravid. It could well be a better team, as the wicket-taking of Mishra seems to suggest, but who knows?

What did Krejza thought he can smash SIX :rolleyes: stupid way to loose another one

Users who are viewing this thread