Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Krejza's gone crazy and he's gone straight back to pavillion! 2 to go..

Ah, the short lived memories of cricket. Try this.

2008: India 2-0
2004: Australia 2-1
2001: India 2-1
1998: India 2-1
1996: India (single match)
1986: 0-0
1979: India 2-0
1969: Australia 3-1

Rather than go through all the tours of Australia, I'll just say, in the last 40 years, India's best result is 1-1. What it means is that rather than a new dominion as a result of one single series win, it remains a frontier for Australian teams. Better Australian teams have lost, arguably beaten by worse Indian teams. Australia were considered a dominant force throughout the nineties and Steve Waugh's Australia in 2001 was a hugely rated team, but it was never to be.

For India, the game is afoot again just as soon as this one is over. ODIs against a revitalised England will be curious, but India are unlikely to make adjustments to their ODI team as a result of this series. However, in December, they will have to make a replacement for Ganguly and probably Dravid. It could well be a better team, as the wicket-taking of Mishra seems to suggest, but who knows?

Still not sure how we lost that one.

After the match:
Pointing praises the indian team.
BCCI announces Prize Money for all the players.

After The Aussies Reach Home:
all comments on indian team and the field setting.

1 to go. I will miss india-Australia test sereis...:(

Will be interesting to see what fall out happens from this series loss. Gillespie and Katich got dropped after our Ashes loss. I can see White being one, if Watson didn't perform with the ball I would have said him although the selectors do love him so might have persisted with him anyway. Other than that can't see much else, the pacemen have a lot of brownie points.

Hopefully Haddin is one of them, hasn't really shown much with the bat or gloves since he came into the side, I thought he'd be a better option than Gilly with the latter's form before he retired, but it shows you that you don't know what you've got till you lose it.

Will be interesting to see what fall out happens from this series loss. Gillespie and Katich got dropped after our Ashes loss. I can see White being one, if Watson didn't perform with the ball I would have said him although the selectors do love him so might have persisted with him anyway. Other than that can't see much else, the pacemen have a lot of brownie points.

I'm very happy with Watson. He's actually been able to move the ball and take wickets, while also being handy with the bat.

Haddin is the one I'm worried about. He has batted in 13 innings and is yet to make a 50. Thing is, Paine is the next best keeper in the SS atm, and he is only averaging 39.

The words game of Pointing will start again :rolleyes:
We didn't have our team we miss players the Over rate . all sort of things will come out.

one thing i know that it's much more difficult to beat team India on his home ground.

pack up boys time to leave now ;) (kiddin)

India Rocks great India

Katman will be fine this time for sure :) White is the man who will get dropped for Roy ;) Johny Boy was the best in this tour :D he is safe too. we need to do a lot of work on Krejza :p Lee may get a break to overcome his problems :) In the mean time go for Bollinger. First of all kick out the coach :mad

Hopefully Haddin is one of them, hasn't really shown much with the bat or gloves since he came into the side, I thought he'd be a better option than Gilly with the latter's form before he retired, but it shows you that you don't know what you've got till you lose it.

It just shows how good Gilly really was. Today was his time to step up and be counted. Just like Gilchrist. When we're in trouble, he so often saved us (Piss off ben, I don't want your stats). Haddin is just really struggling. He's dropped catched and let threw byes. He's also giving away penalties.

Awesome. Ganguly has played 113 Test matches and 311 ODI's. Couldn't have planned it better (and maybe he did!). This is also the same date that he took over captaincy for the first time, apparently.

Katman will be fine this time for sure :) White is the man who will get dropped for Roy ;) Johny Boy was the best in this tour :D he is safe too. we need to do a lot of work on Krejza :p Lee may get a break to overcome his problems :) In the mean time go for Bollinger. First of all kick out the coach :mad

Who the hell is Johny boy? If you're reffering to Johnson, then your wrong. There is no way he was the best on this tour.

Users who are viewing this thread