Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Siddle looks far quicker than he actually is. He's bowling mid-30s but it looks like he's bowling 140s. He hits the pitch very hard.

Gilly Fan added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

I meant in the actual Test series.

btw what match is going on?

Tours match between Pres XI and Aus.

Gilly Fan added 4 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Siddle gets a wicket, plumb LBW. Great bowling.

BPXI - 3/59

Nice ball by Siddle, hes kinda of like Lewis with his skiddish deliveries. The last two balls he bowled kept low.

Just started watching the match, Siddle looks to be another great Australian pacer. He has a good speed and he can swing the ball a bit too.

What?????? Krejza averages 45 in FC!! How was he even selected in the side for that :eek:

Last edited:
I just watched Yuvraj play the four against johnson, and i'll be going to watch the match onn Day 2 or this evening, it's not far away, just a 20 Minute drive from here.. :) ..

I wonder if we will consider the 4 pacemen approach. A lineup of Clark, Lee, Bollinger and Siddle certainly could keep the runs down and take the wickets. Siddle and Lee are both going at under 2 an over in the tour match. Clark was a bit wayward early but I'm sure he'll lift when the 1st test comes around. Anyway won't chuck Krejza away just let, I'll wait till the match is over.

Judging by Krejza's early form, I'd chuck him, but as you said, I'll wait it out, he might end up taking 10 for all we know. At least we would know that we have a decent spinner in the making after McGain.

Michael Clarke's getting a bit of a workload here, I've counted five times in the last two overs where he's had to chase.

EDIT: Actually, I wouldn't see too much of a need of a four-man pace attack, as we also have Shane Watson. This would also allow us to keep Krejza/McGain.

Last edited:
All the more reason not to play Watson :)
But yea thats true it would definitely take that theory off the cards. Johnson 2 wickets probably has him wrap up the 3rd paceman spot. Too bad Bollinger wasn't give a go.

As was said earlier though, Bollinger's probably the only player who doesn't need practice. :P Siddle's kind of lost it though, 1/30 atm. Your idea would be ideal though, having Katich play at 6 and then have Siddle, Clark, Lee and Bollinger. Katich can bowl some part timers, however Krejza would definately help out the lower order.

Sharma gets his 50 with a six.

Yea a bit of a drop off by Siddle, some of the balls hit though were good balls though.
Krejza, Johnson and Lee certainly will give us a very handy lower order but the bowling side is the worry for the first two. Clark been taking a fair bit of stick today too, I'm hoping it's just a one off as a number of people have said he won't be as effective here.

Poor bowling by Australia, because of this I can see Kohli replacing Dravid and Rohit Sharma replacing Laxman very soon in the near future. Well replacements for Ganguly and Tendulkar are yet to be decided, lets see who gets the next 50/100 in this match.

Users who are viewing this thread