Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

I don't mind Jaques as opener although it's tough on Katich. If Watson gets picked he better not break down injured in the first over and he sure better not be making ducks. Spin wise we were always shot duck especially without McGain. I hope one young spinners come through as the options we have aren't great.

I dont think Aussies can win without any experienced spinner, but you never know !

omg this is so strange seeing all the aussies putting their choices for the playing XI for the test. 12 months ago u cud be able to pick the team without saying a word.

I don't mind Jaques as opener although it's tough on Katich. If Watson gets picked he better not break down injured in the first over and he sure better not be making ducks. Spin wise we were always shot duck especially without McGain. I hope one young spinners come through as the options we have aren't great.

Surely.Krejza is not in proper mind set I think.I am not trying to judging him but He was all over the place last day.Length wasn't right and I am not sure he will be good option for 1st test.though M Clarke was bowling far more better than Krjza I would still go with Krejza for 1st test.
Katich ahead of Jaques is going to hurt me.I don't seed any reason for selection of Watson except He might play the role which Roy would have played.
Siddle is impressive.Stunning pace and well balance aggression.

As for India couple of awesome performances,especially Rohit Sharma and V Kohli.And again Parthiv has made it more clear that He is ready for test matches now.

Pitch has enough crack on it and I would not say it is flat batting track.

Certainly is one long batting lineup that the IBP has there. All of Johnson wickets were batters which is a good change. Now if he can do that and keep doing his tail end bashing he'll be perfect for our side.

Still I doubt that Australia don't have better bowlers than Johnson.After seeing Siddle it is quite clear that He is far more better than Johnson.No offense though Johnson is getting wickets,He is still not good enough to play from Australia.I mean definitely Australian domestics must have better bowlers.

Don't have to look any further than Bollinger who can swing it at a decent pace. Siddle is another and Noffke had a good domestic season. But if Johnson wants to hit the deck hard then if he can get his accuracy sorted he'll be up to standard.

I do like Jaques, but I don't feel it would be terribly mature to take him to the first Test over Katich, who is likely to be a vital asset. Jaques hasn't had any match practice in India and hasn't played a game since June. To be honest, if they were serious, they could have put him in the A squad. So yeah, Jaques has done nothing wrong, but he needed an opportunity to do something in India.

The thing with Johnson that is most annoying is all that natural ability. He bowls fast, has a decent eye with the bat and is pretty good in the field; you can tell he was born to play some sort of sport. When he bowls, he doesn't only get the tailenders out, there is still this ridiculous natural ability to take even the odd top order wicket with some regularity. The thing is that such wickets are in spite of the apparent lack of skill employed, perfect. If the ball swings or turns, the batsman can think around it. The ball that the batsmen sees nothing dangerous about, that is the one he lets his guard down to. We've seen time and time again, batsmen play terrible shots to Johnson and get out.

I just saw pathan's over, it's bloody satisfactory! Also, his action seems to be on track and he's getting his pace, swing, and mainly accuracy right!

Woah man! Hayden's out two times on two LBW Appeals', amazing over that was..

I'm going to put some photos of the match when i get to the stadium :) ..

omg this is so strange seeing all the aussies putting their choices for the playing XI for the test. 12 months ago u cud be able to pick the team without saying a word.
A good omen for India. You can say India are far more settled.
I think its been a fair move to drop Jacques. He hasn't played much in India at all (ODIs and twenty20s included). It reduces the brittleness in the batting: Hayden back from injury and not quite at his batting best (judging from his innings today), Ponting's er poor form +poor record in India, Hussey and Haddin's lack of experience in India. Add to that no proper frontline spinner.

Man, BP XI Scoring 455 Vs Australia?

I'm not saying australia' is hasn't picked their perfect team yet, but, it's like "Wow!" Seeing BP XI Doing that. :D..

Shame for Katich did all the hard work only to get out. Even though Ponting is out at least he got a decent enough knock. Probably scored more runs in that knock alone than his entire career in India.

Hope in flames!!!!

Why? this will be a draw for sure..

Users who are viewing this thread